3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: stuff stuff and more stuff  (Read 992 times)

Offline tyee

• Trad Bowhunter
stuff stuff and more stuff
« on: February 17, 2010, 10:24:00 PM »
Don't get me wrong I really enjoy trad gang ,but as of late I feel like I am looking at a bragging board about who got what bow and how it is the the best. I do like to look at a good pic of a bow here and there, but I see pics of bows arrows quivers broadheads whatever some shop built some guy bought and he is really proud of buying or building it for the masses. I am guilty here as well touting my favorite bows. talking ftps this and kinetic energy that. I think we are missing the point. Lets focus more on the trip than the car we use to get there. hunting tales are great, but few and far between we need more of them. Brag about great shots you made or big misses. Tell how you snuck that new bow home or whatever. I think we are grinding away a little bit to much on all the stuff.
bezaleel bow works
schafer
howatt

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: stuff stuff and more stuff
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 08:24:00 AM »
I for one like the pics. of the bows, arrows, and other stuff. I also like to hear how the bows shoot, if you are satisfied etc.

Don't forget, without the bows and arrows, you wouldn't have the hunting.

Offline Eric Krewson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 08:52:00 AM »
The "look at my new this or that" threads remind me of the old days when someone would pull up with their new car. All the guys would file outside, walk around it, raise the hood and make polite comments about how great it looked to bolster the purchasers ego when we actually could care less. Just being polite.

I never look at the "check out my new bow" threads. Like the new car buyer, I guess the new bow owner wants positive reinforcement for spending an exorbitant amount of money on something he thinks he needs.

I guess I am not as polite as I once was.

Offline inn8hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 10:30:00 AM »
Hmmm...tough question. As a "newb," I enjoy those threads because I never knew there were so many bowyers out there. I really thought a recurve was a recurve, and a longbow was a longbow.

I'm frugal by nature and don't see myself ever spending over $400 for any hunting bow. However, I still like to look at these bows.

Tim

Offline Hunter 709

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 11:01:00 AM »
I am relatively new to traditional archery and very new to Tradgang. I too appreciate the equipment type threads because they allow me to learn about many of the different companies that are out there and also get a review by someone who actually owns the product (not just what the manufacturers website has to say).  That being said I also enjoy reading the "Hunting Story" threads. I would like to see more threads on both topics.
Earl

"Now then, get your weapons, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me" Genesis 27:3

Offline cbCrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 11:04:00 AM »
When I got into trad back in the early 80's i did it for one reason. To go to asimpler place, one where all the techno BS. was left behind,just a stick,string, arrow and a man. Now all you hear are this bow has carbon lams,arrows made of carbon,this bowyer bows are for speed, that bowyers bows do this and that. Enough, damn where are we heading? This is starting to remind of my compound days. There is no difference if you use a $300 Quinn or atop of the line Widow, they can only do what the shooter is capable of. I think some people think your can buy trad and its meaning by buying a certain bow or showing everyone what you have. ENOUGH I say, I don't even look anymore.  :banghead:

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 11:07:00 AM »
I kind of like them all, we have a good mix and chioce to pick what we like to look at. I guess i have control over my finger as to what to click on and glad we have a good mix to choose from.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline Irish Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 11:25:00 AM »
Show your new bow, show your new quiver, show your new hawk, I don't care, it doesn't worry me one bit.

People get excited about these things. That's why they're here.

I sometimes see a thread on here that bothers me a little. You know what I do.......go on to the next thread. Life would be pretty boring if we were all the same. JMO......Peace     :goldtooth:

Offline Old York

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 11:32:00 AM »
Tyee, post a picture story about things you like
and are proud to have. Everybody likes a good picture story.
"We were arguing about brace-height tuning and then a fistmele broke out"

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 11:32:00 AM »
:confused:     :rolleyes:    :(    "[dntthnk]"

Offline BWD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 11:41:00 AM »
"Can't get a grip when you're slippin' in all that stuff". Delbert McClenton
"If I had tried a little harder and practiced a little more, by now I could have been average"...Me

Offline hawk4570

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 11:45:00 AM »
I like to look at them and their is nothing wrong in a guy being proud of his new equipment. If I could I would post pics of my new bows. I think it is part of what makes things interesting, I think most of us like to try new things. Otherwise life would get pretty boring
bill browning

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 11:47:00 AM »
I opened this expecting to see pictures of stuff, stuff, and more stuff   :banghead:

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 11:49:00 AM »
Keep showing those pics and brag all you want! And if someone wants to be humble well that's OK too, just don't over do it.  :bigsmyl:

Offline hydrasport205

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2010, 12:08:00 PM »
I work hard and save my money so that I could order a custom bow built the way I want it and with my name on it. Whats wrong with showing off something your proud of?? I have never read of anyone saying that thier bow was the best or better than anyone elses.

Offline kadbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2010, 12:27:00 PM »
I like looking at everyones new toys.  You don't have to look at every thread if you don't want to.  I like the hunting stories w/pics too, lets hear some tyee.
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline LimbLover

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2010, 12:27:00 PM »
Originally posted by Eric Krewson:
I never look at the "check out my new bow" threads. Like the new car buyer, I guess the new bow owner wants positive reinforcement for spending an exorbitant amount of money on something he thinks he needs.
Or maybe they are just excited?

I think that these "we need to post this or post that" threads are more annoying than 3 pages of new bow threads.

BTW...without stuff, we would have nothing to talk about out of season.
Nick Viau
President, Michigan Longbow Association
 www.michiganlongbow.org

Online Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2010, 12:28:00 PM »
Originally posted by Irish Archer:
Show your new bow, show your new quiver, show your new hawk, I don't care, it doesn't worry me one bit.

People get excited about these things. That's why they're here.

I sometimes see a thread on here the bothers me a little. You know what I do.......go on to the next thread. Life would be pretty boring if we were all the same. JMO......Peace     :goldtooth:  
Well stated - I second that!
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2010, 12:50:00 PM »
We seldom have ugly bow contests either.. btw I'm sure I have one that would win if we did...lol

I like to look at all sorts of things and if I get really bored I'll even read threads about skinny stings. They are like doing a crossword puzzle for me..lol

Read what you like... skip the rest. There's room for everyone.. within reason of course.

God bless,Mudd

PS I too opened this one fully expecting to see all kinds of neat stuff..lol It ended up being a "gottcha!".
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2010, 12:53:00 PM »
I for one love the bow pictures--it's great fantasy material!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©