3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Carbon Arrow Help  (Read 425 times)

Offline Cmalone1

• Trad Bowhunter
Carbon Arrow Help
« on: February 17, 2010, 10:28:00 PM »
I am thinking about starting to dabble in carbon arrows for my new bow coming...I have tried the MFX classics and didn't like them AT ALL!! I think they were WAY too small of diameter and I didn't like the inserts being inside the shaft...

SO what do you guys suggest for an arrow that is kinda a bigger diameter...about the size of 2020s(5/16) or and something that is a durable arrow that doesnt cost a ton!!

All your guys help is really appreciated!!

Thanks,
Coty

Re: Carbon Arrow Help
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 11:22:00 PM »
I use GoldTips on some of my bows and Beaman ICS Hunters on the others. I like both a lot. they are 5/16" shafts.

Bisch

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 11:26:00 PM »
Give Big Jim a call he has Gold Tip blems at a good cost.

Offline Cmalone1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 11:49:00 PM »
Who's Big Jim? I have been looking into them and I think I'm going to be using the 7595 in the woodgrain shafts...

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 11:56:00 PM »
Try Carbon Express Heritage shafts. Heavy carbons that look like wood. I've found them to be slightly tougher than the Gold tips! That said....I really like the MFX's that you don't like...good luck!

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 06:13:00 AM »
I think you should reconsider the MFX Classics. That small diameter just may give a little bit better penetration on game because of it's having less surface area.   ;)    :)    :thumbsup:
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline Paul Mattson

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 06:55:00 AM »
Here are some options from less expensive on up.
Beman Bowhunter, Gold Tip Expedition Hunters, CX Rebels, GT Traditional Hunter, CX Hertiage, Arrow Dynamic's (Black), AD Wood Grain.  If you have any questions give me call or check out my website.

Offline 1screagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 07:46:00 AM »
I use the Heritage Express 150, 250, and 350 arrows. Depending on what bow I'm using and the purpose I can tailor my arrow weight accordingly by switching front arrow weight for the correct spine. All the components are interchangeable. If I want to shoot flat like a bullet or heavy hunting I have options. From 440 to 733gr. I love them. Now I have learned from this site to be able to make them bomb proof by footing them with aluminum shafts. All good!
3 Wes Wallace Recurves,
2 original Mentors & 1 B-Model Mentor
3 Wes Wallace Longbows
1 Dwyer Defiant "Legolas"

www.stoneartistllc.com

Offline metsastaja

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 08:14:00 AM »
I happen to like and shoot carbon express heritage. 1250 250's. I swap out the nocks.
Les Heilakka
TGMM Family of the Bow  
Some times the uneventful nights are just as good if not better than the eventful ones

Offline Reaper TN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 08:23:00 AM »
Howdy neighbor, I live in Elizabethton.  I have been using the Gold Tip Traditional arrows and really like them. I ordered a dozen blems from Big Jims and they seem to fly as good as the first run shafts.  They are tuff and all sizes use the same components. They are not a small diameter carbon and they look good too.  Mahony's doesn't carry them any more but they still have nocs and inserts.
TT Pinnacle II  45# 62"
Hoyt Excel  50# 64"

Offline Reaper TN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 08:31:00 AM »
Almost forgot, I bought a few Carbon Express Predator II arrows for a bow I picked up for my son.  They seem like a good arrow for $6 each.  They seem to be slightly smaller diameter than the GT Trads and are black in color.  Mahony's do carry the Predators.
TT Pinnacle II  45# 62"
Hoyt Excel  50# 64"

Offline Cmalone1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 08:38:00 AM »
Thanks for the Info Reaper and Everybody!! Didn't know there was many other Trad guys up in here in  East Tennessee!!

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 12:15:00 PM »
Originally posted by Reaper TN:
Almost forgot, I bought a few Carbon Express Predator II arrows for a bow I picked up for my son.  They seem like a good arrow for $6 each.  They seem to be slightly smaller diameter than the GT Trads and are black in color.  Mahony's do carry the Predators.
We also carry the CE Predator II's.  Very high quality shafting for a value priced entry level carbon, we sell them for $49.99 a dozen (shafts) which is barely more than $4 each.

The lower sizes are slightly smaller, but the 45/60's and 60/75's are the same as other 5/16" carbons.
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline Morgan Anderson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 03:55:00 PM »
Beman Bowhunters are a good shaft and cheap also.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison;

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©