3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Dalaa tuned  (Read 670 times)

Offline R H Clark

• Trad Bowhunter
Dalaa tuned
« on: April 21, 2007, 01:51:00 PM »
I got my new Dalaa last Wednesday but wasn't able to tune it until today due to work. I wasn't nearly as impressed with this bow until I started tuneing it.I have tuned several bows before with good results but found out I really didn't know what tuneing was untill I started playing with this Dalaa.I am a very happy Dalaa owner and I am just shooting off the shelf so far.My last 5 shot group had 4 arrows in the bull the size of a tennis ball with one flyer about 2 inches left at 24yds. I am going to have to seriously think about getting rid of some PRETTY bows.

Offline DEERSLAYER1961

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Dalaa tuned
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 03:21:00 PM »
That's great...  Oh, feel free to send your unwanted bows to me  :biglaugh:  

>DEERSLAYER---->
"FEAR THE MAN WITH ONE BOW"

Offline R H Clark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 03:57:00 PM »
I'll keep you in mind my friend.  ;)

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 04:46:00 PM »
Pictures?...........Pictures???  :archer:    :confused:  Congrats on your New Baby!!
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 08:15:00 PM »
So what did you do exactly to tune it to the arrows you are shooting?  Adjust tiller, build out side plate?  Curious.....Van
Retired USAF (1966 - 1989)
Retired DoD Civilian (1989 - 2009)
And drawing Social Security!
I love this country ;-)

Offline R H Clark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 10:27:00 PM »
Van,

My Dalaa is 50lb 60in.I started with Goldtip 55/75 cut 30 1/2 with 125grn tips. They shot the best out of the arrows I had on hand. I draw 29 3/4in.

My bareshafts were windplaning to the right,hitting way right of the bull, nock left,too weak.

I dialed the weight down one turn on the limbs and got less windplaning but still a little weak and nock high with too much vibration in limbs.

I was at the high end on brace so I lowered it 1/4in. The vibration went away and now I've got pretty good bareshaft flight but a little right of where I'm looking.

Next I screwed out the sideplate button and my bareshaft is hitting perfect on my spot at 24yds.

I would like to add that I would shoot several times between adjustments with my bareshafts to rule out bad flight due to poor release.What I found interesting is how much a quarter inch lower brace affected my spine and eliminated my nock high.

I don't want to sound like I am making myself out to be an expert.My point is that the Dalaa makes perfect arrow flight easy even for me by being so adjustable.

Offline Rich LaBombard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 11:00:00 PM »
Randy, I'm a new and very happy Dalaa owner also.

I am still shooting cedars, so I have not got as far into the tuning as you have, but I did just buy the plunger and rest from Dave.

Holy cow, it's impressive!  Good luck!!
(you know you are onto something, when you start rearranging the targets so you can shoot really really far!)

Offline R H Clark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 12:57:00 AM »
Rich, congrats on your new bow. I'm not against wood arrows I just don't have any experience with them.

Let me know how you like the plunger and rest.I may get them soon. Good luck and happy shooting.

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 08:06:00 AM »
I shoot a DAS (pre-Dalaa) and started off shooting off the shelf. I had some old plungers and rests left over from the compound days and one day decided to play with them on the DAS. First impression was a definite increase in arrow speed. Secondly the plunger makes arrow tuning easier than blowing your nose. I have found that my sight picture and shooting style are exactly the same as off the shelf. I can still shoot off the shelf pretty well but the rest and plunger take my shooting accuracy a notch or two higher.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 08:53:00 AM »
Thanks RH.  I didn't realize the side plate button adjustment could be made shooting of the shelf.  That's pretty cool.  I gotta shoot one of those sometime  :)  ...Van
Retired USAF (1966 - 1989)
Retired DoD Civilian (1989 - 2009)
And drawing Social Security!
I love this country ;-)

Offline R H Clark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 03:19:00 PM »
Van,If you get to try a DAS take time to read the owners manual and tune it if possible. The ability to tune this bow so easy for perfect arrow flight is what makes the bow really shine.I shot mine a couple times after work BEFORE I tuned it and my impression was that my other bows shot just as good and I might sell it later.

After I tuned my Dalaa my group size shrank by more than half and I'll never sell this bow although I might be selling some others.

Offline Pinelander

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 01:37:00 AM »
It's always a great feeling to get a good tune on a bow. And no doubt, the Dalaa is working well for you RH.

I was tuning my Dalaa this morning with shorty limbs preparing for turkey blind use. The one thing that always keeps coming to mind about this bow.... the ease of tuning. Might not be the purdiest bow out there, but it sure does what I want it to... which is a reflection of it's tuneability.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©