3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Summit Razor?  (Read 212 times)

Offline elbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Summit Razor?
« on: February 19, 2010, 03:30:00 PM »
Anyone have experience hunting out of a Summit Razor treestand? I have been using a Summit for years but have issues with a 64" longbow, thinking the Razor with its fold away front may help. Any info appreciated.

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Summit Razor?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 03:55:00 PM »
I have one. It does help having the fold down bar. I still am not crazy about the wrap around sides when I'm bowhunting. There are just too many possible shooting directions that are hindered by the seat/side bars.

I think if I could only have a climber, it would be the one. That being said, I still hunt out of my Screaming Eagle or Lone Wolf hang on stands much more often.

Offline acadian archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 07:47:00 PM »
I use a Summit Bushmaster from Cabelas and I was shooting a 64" Chek Mate last fall with no problems.
44# Chek mate Hunter II

"shoot what you like, like what you shoot"

Offline DaleinOhio

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 09:28:00 PM »
I bought one this past season.  The fold down bar is a definite help for me and my 60 inch recurve.  With a little cant, the side bars don't hinder me much.
"So much do the savages esteem the wood of this tree for the purpose of making their bows, that they travel many hundred miles in quest of it."  -- Meriweather Lewis' description of the Osage Orange tree in a letter sent to Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 09:54:00 PM »
I hunted out of one this year as well. Like most have stated the bar is a big advantage...being able to use it for climbing and then folding it away is great.

Positioning the stand was key for me as I could shoot much further on the left side of the stand. Not a be issue but something I had to be aware of when it came to cutting shooting lanes.

Next is making sure you get the stand up in a tree to figure out all the little noise makers. I sprayed mine with plastic coat and then finished it off with some green, brown, and tan paint. I would also recommend getting the Summit skins...they really help in getting the bow quite.

Offline no

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 10:38:00 PM »
This is an excellent stand, that i have used for the last 2 years. I just didnt like the bar out front.  Mike
Big Mike

Offline Apex Predator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 06:11:00 AM »
I bought one for bow hunting and never used it for that.  A little too much frame in the way for me.  It is very easy to climb, and comfortable for all day sits.  I ended up buying one of the new Open shot deluxe top sections and mate that with the Razor platform.  Now I have the perfect bowhunting climber!
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables!

Offline Roconman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2010, 09:18:00 PM »
The most comfortable stand I own,the only complaint I have is the side seat supports get in my way because the seat hangs so low so I have to stand to shoot.Other then that its a good stand, stable,quite and easy to climb with.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©