3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Teal/aqua colored feathers?  (Read 189 times)

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
Teal/aqua colored feathers?
« on: February 19, 2010, 04:34:00 PM »
Anyone know where I can buy 5" shield teal/aqua feathers? I looked on Gateway and Trueflight and didn't see anything.
EZE Crests has some cool teal "traditional" styled wraps that I think would look pretty sweet and really stand out on some new AD Trad-Lite's I'm getting, but I'd like to match the wraps with teal hen feathers and a white cock feather.
You have to color coordinate ya know, because cool looking arrows shoot better. LOL

Offline suzie_shooter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Teal/aqua colored feathers?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 05:45:00 PM »
you might check AMG feathers they have quite a variaty of colors to choose from and reasonably priced as well
Whack'em Track'em and Pack'em

Offline Lowrider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 08:19:00 PM »
I know this is not what you want to hear, but I have used that same wrap with 3 of the truflight blue barred.  I thought it looked pretty good. I saw a guy shooting the light blue ones when I attended the Black Widow clinic back in 2003.

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 08:33:00 PM »
Low,
Trueflight and Gateway have some that are pretty light blue that I'm sure would work just fine and look great. Just being a little picky and seeing if there anything else out there.

Offline JockC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 08:39:00 PM »
Please check back in if you learn anything here.  My hunting partner shoots a compound with bright blue and yellow vanes, and it's amazing how they stand out.  I bought some fletching to match them that I'm not completely happy with.
Jock
TGMM Family of the Bow
Hunting should be hard.

Offline Lowrider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 08:40:00 PM »
Know where you are comming from.  I don't shoot really good, but I am real picky about the way my arrows look.  :)

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 08:46:00 PM »
I've found that bright/light blue and bright purple contrast great with anything you'll in the Fall woods.

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 09:00:00 PM »
Actually, I just looked at Cabela's and they have a real pic of the EZE wrap in purple. That purple is more "purple" than the drawing like pic on the EZE site, if that makes any sense. Looks much better in a real pic.
I think I'll get that with maybe a combo of purple and white or bright yellow feathers. A purple and hot pink combo may be cool and my little girls will like it too.
I'm with you, I'm no Howard Hill, but at least my arrows look cool! LOL
Take a look, looks pretty sharp.
 http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21424-cat20009-cat600294&id=0014533415325a&na   vCount=5&podId=0014533415325&parentId=cat600294&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=QZ&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat601233&hasJS=true

Offline Foxtail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 09:27:00 PM »
I dyed some once using Veniard's dye- which comes from the fly tying industry. A very attractive teal/aqua. They also have a nice one called Kingfisher blue. Easy to use.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©