3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Workshop benches/ shop setups  (Read 1326 times)

Offline NativeArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Workshop benches/ shop setups
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2007, 11:19:00 PM »
just finished building my little getaway i mean workshop. will be used mostly for string making and arrow building.... matty

"how many bows do you need".my wife
Every moving thing that is alive shall be food for you; I give all to you , as I gave the green plant. Genesis 9:3

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2007, 12:42:00 AM »
Nice Job Whip!!!!  :scared:  

My new work benches looked pretty for about two weeks....now they look just like work benches again..... i use formica tops for a nice flat working surface. when i get too many screw holes and other holes drilled into the top, i just use bondo to fill em up and resurface it nice and flat again.....after a year or two i just flop another layer of P-lam on her and go! Cost effective and really nice to do precision work on.....Kirk

Offline Jason in Bama

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2007, 01:01:00 AM »
Hey Whip, any chance you made blueprints to go with that bench?  :pray:
Your sole purpose in life may be to serve as a warning to others.
The journey is the destination.

Online Eric Krewson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM »
Here is my work bench. Being lousy at cabinet building I went to Lowe's and bought the two drawer sections and built my workbench around them. Lots of storage and a very heavy table that won't move when I am rasping a tough piece of wood. I got rid of the drill press on the table lately and got a floor model.

You can't see it in the first picture but I bolted a leather topped post on the end of my bench to act as a support for long pieces of wood in my vise.

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2007, 01:31:00 PM »
I need to build a work shop...just a corner of the garage.  My work bench is an old metal Xray table.  Nice and heavy for grinding...Doc

TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2007, 01:43:00 PM »
Jason, no prints for that bench I'm afraid.  I kind of made it up as I went along. I made scetches as I went, but they were changed and revised constantly. Other than the top around the router (oak veneer MDF)and the drawers themselves, the vast majority of it is made from recycled pallet lumber.  Takes a bit of sorting, and lots of time on the jointer and planer, but I don't have $40 stuck into it.

Kirk, I know it is going to be abused eventually - it is a workbench, and is going to get used.  But I do have a plan in my head to add a holder on the back side of it for some roll paper that can be pulled up and over the top for painting and glue ups. I think it comes in 3' width rolls.  Should help a little bit.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2007, 06:53:00 PM »
Good Idea for the Leather Support Eric!! One of those things ya dont Think about, until you Need It! Nice Shop and there have been a Bunch of Great Bows out of it!!  :notworthy:    :notworthy:    :goldtooth:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©