3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I stopped at the ACS factory yesterday and shot a 3 pc bow  (Read 1388 times)

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I stopped at the ACS factory yesterday and shot a 3 pc bow
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2007, 12:12:00 PM »
Im not getting any younger...I want one of these bows...BAD...  :bigsmyl:    :D    :thumbsup:    :pray:    :pray:    :pray:
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline One eye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2007, 05:19:00 PM »
The ability to get more performance out of lighter draw weights is what interests me, especially since my shoulder injury (old hockey injury) is getting worse.

I just visited OL's sight, but it says they are still not taking orders.  Am I visiting the wrong site or are they not taking orders yet?

Dan
“IMVHO, the cast is not in the wood it is cradled in the arms of the bowyer.” – George Tsoukalas

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2007, 05:40:00 PM »
If you go to O.L.'s site you will see two icons to click on O.L.'s and A&H's. O.L. is not taking orders. A&H will put you on a list.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline One eye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2007, 05:53:00 PM »
Disregard my last question, as I found the link via John Havard's post.  Sorry for being dense ;-)

Dan
“IMVHO, the cast is not in the wood it is cradled in the arms of the bowyer.” – George Tsoukalas

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2007, 07:21:00 PM »
My ACS arrived about two months ago and I would summarize it as an outstanding bow. It is quiet with no hand shock, attractive without being garish, and the build quality is top drawer. On top of that it pulls very smooth, points where I look-(sometimes I just look in the wrong place without knowing it!)
It is just a darned good bow. Mine is 49# and it uses the same arrows as any of my higher poundage bows and they get there just as fast, and with increased accuracy. So that all said, the bow makes me very happy with my choice.

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2007, 07:36:00 PM »
Longbowmark ,, what store is this,, pm me if you don't want to post it.
TGMM

Offline snakewood3

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2007, 07:51:00 PM »
Originally posted by centaurshooter:
" if you take two bows shooting 9gpp, the faster one there will be faster at 12 gpp." Are you sure about that ? What about efficiency ??
U.S. Navy Seabees '79 - '86
Custom knives and leatherwork

Offline Longbowmark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2007, 09:28:00 PM »
Jason,
I would refer you to the ACS website that John Havard posted.  The place I stopped was not a store.  It is a small but organized shop where the bows are manufactured.  Larry is a guy I got to know when I worked part time at a local archery shop in Grand Rapids that is now closed.  He is very skilled at making things, in this case bow molds that turn out the same product every time.  Just check for the ACS web site.  Regarding the performance aspect,just prior to my going there to buy broadheads I saw a bow review in Trad. bowhunter mag.  that sums it up!
"The ruin of nations begins in the homes of it's people"

Offline OH at work

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2007, 07:26:00 AM »
If I remember correctly Dr. Ashby suggested to use left wing with ABowyer heads since the bevel is opposite the Grizzley and right wing on Grizzley heads.  Dr. Ashby had some great things to say about this broadhead.  His notes about the wing matching the bevel said he really noticed the improved performance when the wing matched the broadhead (right wing for Grizzley) was when the BH had to penetrate heavy bone.

Joe
Joe

Offline Ben Woodring

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2007, 12:38:00 PM »
Does anybody know if a fella ordered from O.L. way back when and wants a three piece where it's going to be built?

Offline centaurshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2007, 10:12:00 PM »
perhaps an exception exists, but of any of the bows i've tested which is over 30 and almost all the "fastest" as well as several D shaped and everything in between, i've yet to find one slower at 9gpp and quicker at 12gpp.  i'm convinced that if that's the case you've encountered some spine issues and that's what i take into account, now have i shot one bow at 9gpp and it be quicker and when i randomly picked up some 12 gpp arrows and just shot them and the slower one was faster with APPARENT good spine, sure.  but in the end if you maximize spine i doubt you'll ever see it.  what makes a bow more efficient at 9gpp makes it more efficient at 12gpp.  and at no time will you find what makes a bow more efficient at 9gpp is a hindrance at 12gpp.  theres alot of myths out there.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2007, 11:23:00 PM »
"Does anybody know if a fella ordered from O.L. way back when and wants a three piece where it's going to be built?"
I originally placed my order with OL for a 3 pc. When the partnership was formed between OL and John (A&H) the 3 pc orders were transferred to John Havard and OL is continuing with the1 pc bows. This at least is the story as I hear it. AND an email arrived today saying that my second 3 PC is ready! That's excitin'!!

Offline Longbowmark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2007, 03:22:00 PM »
Bjorn,

PM sent
"The ruin of nations begins in the homes of it's people"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©