3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: how many people?????  (Read 1146 times)

Offline Spectre

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: how many people?????
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2010, 09:00:00 PM »
Originally posted by Earthdog:
Not me,I've shot them on an off "but the cost finaly put me off,,,,for now.

Funny thing about "never",,,I belong to a motorcycle club an we used to have a young member who would often state that he would "never" drive a car,,or any other @&%#
4wheeled ect ect.
Then he noticed he was being left out of a few things,,,an got a little pissed about it.
When he finaly asked why,he was told that since he "can't" drive a car,he was of little use in an emergency situation,he couldn't drive the run truck which everybody is required to do now an then,and as a result a few of the boys felt he couldn't be relied on,or was just bucking a job nobody wanted to do.
Eventualy he got the boot,an last time I saw him he was selling used cars.
"Never" is a very longtime.
What is this "run truck" of which you speak?

I used to shoot a compound, but found that I had developed a bad case of Gadgetitis. I switches about 15 years ago, and have no intention of ever going back. The wheelies just aren't as fun to me.
Gila hickory selfbow 54#
 Solstice reflex/deflex 45#

Offline nkw880

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2010, 09:35:00 PM »
i have hunted with a compoundsince i was 7 '23 now] until last year when i killed a small button now i cant even imagine picking up a compound to hunt with besides my oneida i use to shoot carp only because it is already set up with everything
martin hunter 62" 55#
74 Kodiak Magnum 52" 45#
Tomahawk SS 64" 57#

Offline Quickblood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2010, 03:47:00 AM »
Never shot a compound - never interested!

Offline getstonedprimitivebowhunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2010, 07:20:00 AM »
Long ago I couldn't make up my mind to take my longbow or compound out hunting. The new compound had all kind of cool stuff on it that cost me my marrage. Anyway ..so to make my mind up (what was left) I climbed 25 feet up into a tree with both bows. I dropped them both. I figured this would tell me what was the best. I'm not the most gentle of bowhunters. Yes .....I'm still shooting that longbow !!! I rest this topic
"when  "words" are controled ...so are we !"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©