3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Now I'm Not Nekkid  (Read 1181 times)

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Now I'm Not Nekkid
« on: April 22, 2007, 12:01:00 AM »
OK, thanks to a good and kind friend, I no longer feel nekkid. In other words, I now have a Tradgang decal on my new truck, like I did my old one.
  :clapper:  

Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline insttech1

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Now I'm Not Nekkid
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 12:06:00 AM »
ha that's funny...i can see your reflection and what looks like a dog's face in the back window on the first pic'...what kind of truck is that?

take care,
marc
"When you catch Hell--DROP IT!!  When you're going thru Hell--DON'T STOP!!"

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 12:10:00 AM »
New truck, bows, knives, man you're living the high life Bernie.    :D  

Nice looking sticker.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 01:00:00 AM »
I just noticed the dog - it actually isn't a reflection but is showing through from the dashboard (a stuffed Taco Bell Chihuahua), right beside my reflection from behind the truck - that is funny. the truck is a 2007 Ranger. I wouldn't have a new one, VTm, but the Ford Co. is so anmxious to move them I could get a new one for no down, and same monthly payments as my 2003 - oh yeah and I got one month with no payment - LOL. I am really blessed  though, and especially right lately.   :pray:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 07:25:00 AM »
GOOD!!
I have been laying awake nights trying to think of where my spare sticker is. I had two, put one on the truck in November when I bought it, and put the other in "a safe place". I have so many safe places! Then came your needasticker post, I looked for the safe place, and I have had sticker shock ever since!!

Ah, finally, some rest for the weary. SKKNNNNNXXXxxxxx  :cool:  

Killdeer  :coffee:    :eek:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 08:00:00 AM »
Bless your heart, Killie - Resssttttttttttt now   :)

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline fxe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 09:11:00 AM »
Looking good Bernie!

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 09:25:00 AM »
Come to think of it, I got two also and put one up - and, since we have that same problem around here, perhaps I better find a "safer" place - or should that be, a not so safe place?    :goldtooth:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Badwolf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 09:42:00 AM »
Were can one get a Tradgang sticker, my truck is also nekid now that I know about these?
"We are Known by the Tracks we Leave"

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 10:02:00 AM »
Killie, and Bernie, once I get moved I'll send ya'all my address and you can send all your extra stuff to me for safe keeping.  :goldtooth:  

What are friends for??
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 11:35:00 AM »
LOOKS GREAT  Bernie!!!  :thumbsup:    :archer:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline Lee Viv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 11:41:00 AM »
I lost my tradgang sticker!  Hope we can order more soon!

Lee  :mad:

Offline Deer Slayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2007, 12:17:00 PM »
Good deal Bernie!  :thumbsup:  Hey, but what is the 2Litre Coke shell doing in the back of your truck? Man...if there is a use for those things I don't know about let me know, I have access to millions of those things!hehehe

Mark

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2007, 02:00:00 PM »
that EGA+Tradgang=winner every time
Semper Fi
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2007, 02:43:00 PM »
Yep, Roadkill - I must admit the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor went on the first day I got the truck. Nothing new and different on the Coke shell, Mark. I just use it to put my wife's Classics and my DCs in when I go shopping. Easier to haul them home and to carry 'em into the house that way.

At various times they have them for sale in the tradgang gear area here on site, guys. Thanks for looking and the comments - and, Dano , I think I safely speak for Killie also when I say, "In your wildest dreams, Boobie!!!" (but thanks for the offer anyway - LOL)

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline jonesy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2007, 09:00:00 PM »
Semper Fi!! i know you we,re talkin about that one right? you'll never be naked with that one.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2007, 10:02:00 PM »
Bernie, you ol' skinflint! I am truly surprised at you, you who go about doin' all the do-gooder stuff, helpin' folks what need helpin, pattin' hands and such. And here is poor Dano, cautiously pokin' his nose into your thread, wherein you were expounding on the generosity of a fellow TG member. My good friend Dano, the same Dano whose giving heart drove his decrepit, scabby, wretched body to craft each of us a painstakingly wrought, gleaming, golden masterpiece of functional beauty in the slender, sinewy forms of osage selfbows,  offered you safe storage space for some of your treasures, which are amassing right rapidly these days, I might add. And did you show him even a crumb of human kindness, a glimpse of a giving heart, a smidgeon of gratitude?

For shame, both yours and mine. O, the ignominy. I sank into a black morass of despair.

Somewhere around the third mug of Scotch, I got an idea. I cannot save the world. I cannot save you. I cannot even save me. But I  can  save a bit of that child's heart within me that still seeks goodness and justice, generosity of spirit and a love of humankind.

Dano, I started sending you boxes today. I have been on this earth for fifty years, amassing things, and for what? These memories of my childhood and later should not just sit here gathering dust, no matter the joy that I get from their periodic perusal. They have a greater mission in this world, bringing happiness to a fellow human being. So I spent the weekend packing them up in boxes and addressing them, Hawaian knick-knacks from '59, a bronze coin commemorating some Navy function in Yokosuka, Japan in '62, the dirndl skirt that I made when I was twelve, my brother's Boy Scout bugle that he has forgotten about, my stick collection. Dano, Dano, what a lifetime of happiness will start arriving on your doorstep any day now! Calendars marked with the days of my years, boxes of paper memories, all the cards given me by my husband  on anniversaries, birthdays, Valentines Days and Halloween, various writings, including my college thesis, "The Advantages and Disadvantages of Government-Controlled Castration of Horses" and also an unfinished, unstarted tract featuring The Itty Bitty Litter Lady under my pen name, Norma Leigh Lucid. Pencils, pens, crayons from a collection I started in the second grade, beads and trinkets, (loose) and numerous old shoes saved for their leather content, some of which I found on the street.

The furniture will follow, starting Wednesday. After twenty years, the sofa doesn't smell like chihuahua pee anymore, unless it gets damp.

Killdeer   :D   :wavey:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2007, 10:09:00 PM »
hey bernie i thought you said you did not drive. you having me on boy LOL!!!!
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline Chortdraw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2007, 10:53:00 PM »
Oh my......Bernie, Had to get some help to read all that Killdeer had written....but seems to me you may need a larger place
  :bigsmyl:  

Chort

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2007, 07:07:00 AM »
Naw, I just don't drive very far from my home area, Jeff.

Chort Draw - Killie is sending all that "good" stuff to Dano, not me, and you know what? I think you were able to change me, Killie. You have a good, kind, and valuable point there. I don't know what I was thinking - must have had a brain lapse there. Here, good friend Dano offers to take all our spare stuff and I cut him off at the pass without proper consideration. WOW! I could clean out my "Glory Hole Room" in ... oh, say a week or three. (The smile might even return to my wife's face once again!) I wonder how many broken gee-gaws, parts, bad-metal foriegn tools, unknappable rocks, old underware, socks with "small" holes, K and C ration packets, rusty fishhooks, tin non-whistles, etc., etc. you can get in each one of those flat rate boxes. (Wonder can you pick up a gross of those mailers at a time?) AND best of all we can really help Dano fill up his new home in Lost Vegas right away - so he'll have more time to devote to staring at the desert sand (or playing the slots) - he certainly won't have any room left to work in or around his place - not with all our junk ... er "Good" extra stuff there. You're a genius, Killie, and you've shown me the light and the error of my haste (we can also, at the same time, sort of pay him back, er - I mean show him we forgive him for not making ATAR this year!) It is a good thing we will be doing -   :notworthy:    :campfire:     :clapper:     :jumper:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©