3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Turkey pic of the day Sunday 4/22/07  (Read 1153 times)

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
Turkey pic of the day Sunday 4/22/07
« on: April 22, 2007, 07:24:00 AM »
I spy with my little eye....a snack crawling around down there!     :bigsmyl:    

There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Turkey pic of the day Sunday 4/22/07
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 07:36:00 AM »
You know a bug don't stand much of a chance when spotted with those 8 power eyes, and the speed of the strike when that snake like neck uncoils. And if it tries to run and hide under something the bird just moves foward, scratches back with those big long toes and rolls everything over sos it can get a better look. Like I said, a bug don't stand much of a chance.

Having some tea this morning on the back deck and listening to the hills ring out with gobbles. 24 hours from now the old Quaker boy box call will be playing a soft melody I hope has a mesmerizing effect of one of the old toms.
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline TRADNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 07:39:00 AM »
Thanks for the daily pics and good luck.

David

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 07:54:00 AM »
Ferret I wish you good luck. Thanks for posting all these exceptional pictures of these birds.Hoping to see some shots of a freshly killed bird. By the way what set up are you taking in the woods in the A.M.? Our weekend season started yesterday and unfortunately I had to work.

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 08:06:00 AM »
Bentpole I'll be taking my sinew backed osage "Big Bird" (kinda appropriate don't ya think? LOL)with rivercane arrows tipped with flint heads.

Good luck to you as well.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 08:33:00 AM »
NICE! Mickey I sent you a PM

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 08:39:00 AM »
Got it. Interesting.

Offline fxe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 08:51:00 AM »
Good Luck Mickey!I'ne been after them all week.No shot so far.Can't hunt today,but will be back after them in the morning.Had to explain to my wife that work is for people who don't HUNT!!

Offline PaPaFrank

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 09:38:00 AM »
Mickey, thanks for all the pics, I sure have enjoyed them all...Good Luck tommorrow....Frank
Keep it Simple
TGMM  Family of the Bow
PBS

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 10:00:00 AM »
Mickey,, I check everyday,,Love the pics. I love watching those birds catch bugs,
TGMM

Offline Forester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 10:36:00 AM »
Godd Luck Mickey!!!  I hope you get at least as much enjoyment from hunting them this spring as you have given us by showing them.  And I really hope to see a new turkey pic with your big smile in it!

Thanks again and have fun.....
"A conservationist is one who is humbly aware that with each stroke of his axe he is writing his signature on the face of his land." - Aldo Leopold -

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 10:48:00 AM »
Mickey, I am so jealous. If I sit out back, I hear the Neighborhood  DOGS , and see the Traffic go by my house. I have 2 or 3 26" mower widths, and I am in the Street.   :thumbsup:      :archer:

P.S. GREAT PICS!!   :goldtooth:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline Bard1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2007, 10:51:00 AM »
You go Ferret!  I'll be checking back to see how your hunts doing!  Thanks for all the turky picts.  I have been enjoying them.
got arrows?

Offline Tom Mussatto

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2007, 11:03:00 AM »
Loving these pics Mickey. Keep'em coming. Can’t think of a better way to spend breakfast time than sitting outside enjoying that show. Only downside is that as much quality time you’ve spent with those birds by the time the season comes around going after them is gonna be like going after an old friend.  :)
Tom Mussatto

Offline John Havard

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2007, 11:11:00 AM »
Tom's right Mickey.  By now you must have all of them named.  Who will be first?  Tom, Dick, or Harry?

Offline Tom Mussatto

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2007, 11:20:00 AM »
 Who will be first?  Tom, Dick, or Harry? [/QB]
Surely not Tom, he's way too scrawny. Dick has the most meat and Harry has the longest beard and biggest spurs. :)  

Mickey, you ever have any problems with folks slipping in without permission hunting those birds and deer? Been getting real bad around here past couple of years.
Tom Mussatto

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2007, 01:08:00 PM »
Another neat pic Mickey, good luck in the morning in getting them to come your way.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2007, 01:16:00 PM »
Tom yea we have that problem too. Lost 2 treestands from the woods out back a couple years back and caught 2 hunters trailing thru my back yard one time (no problem there, they were on a bloodtrail and I helped them track until they hit my property line). My property only runs down to the creek out back(a few hundred yards) and across the creek is a 90 acre piece and that guy lets anybody hunt. If they hear a bird on my side they come after them. Its the nature of turkey hunting. Most turkey hunters don't really seem to pay attention to property lines when birds are gobblin.

Offline Tom Mussatto

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2007, 02:56:00 PM »
Yeah Mickey, that's the problem with turkeys. They make their presence known from afar. I think this time of year more hunters are called in by turkeys than vice versa.

I got a real nice creek than runs two sides of my property that's a great place for finding arrowheads. I catch more arrowhead hunters than turkey, deer, or squirrel/rabbit hunters. Sad thing is all they would have to do is ask BEFORE looking.

Have a pitt bull now I thought would help but problem is she's a heck of lot more friendly than I am. Scratch her ears and she'll let anybody on the place any time.

:bigsmyl:  

Have a great season and don't forget the camera while you're hunting.
Tom Mussatto

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2007, 03:45:00 PM »
Tom I try not to let a tom gobble too much and to do that you have to BELIEVE that once they gobble once, they know where you are and you have to shut up. Let them come in silently. That way the other hunters don't hear them either (hopefully)

Pit Bull huh?   :eek:  all I'd have to do is see that walking down thru the woods and I'D be outta there! LOL

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©