3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: LaCross Alphaburley Boots?  (Read 506 times)

Offline L. E. Carroll

• Trad Bowhunter
LaCross Alphaburley Boots?
« on: February 23, 2010, 04:20:00 PM »
Picked up a pair of these yesterday for an up-comming bear hunt in AK....I got them as we will be hunting the tideflats and have to navigate to shore from a Zodiak boat... I am looking for something waterproof and still tight enough and comfortable to hunt with....  It was between these and Muck's both about the same price in the $100 range. However, I got these at a  "Special Mark" down 30% off.

Did I buy the right boot for the intended purpose?  All in-put appreciated.

Thanks'
Gene
Tall Tines R/C
64 Kodiak
69 Super Kodiak Big River replica
56" 55$# Static Tipped Kwyk Styk
Blacktail Elite
54 dual shelf Compass Kodiak

PBS Associate Member
Traditional Bowhunters of WA.

Offline fireball31

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: LaCross Alphaburley Boots?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 04:22:00 PM »
I absolutely love mine.  I think that they are much more comfortable than mucks.  The slickness of the rubber keeps the mud from sticking to them as well.

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 04:24:00 PM »
I've been using these boots for alot of year and love them. As with most knee high boots, they are not a boot I would walk in all day. At least no great distances.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 04:27:00 PM »
I've got the Lacrosse Alphaburly size zip models and it's the by far the best rubber boot I've ever had. Mine just completed their 3rd hard season and still going strong. Not my first choice for walking all day but I do it a lot in wet/swampy areas in them anyway without adverse effects.

I've never had any mucks but know that everyone who does speaks very highly of them also.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline bofish-IL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 04:35:00 PM »
I have worn these boots for years.  I have had sets of the green ones for a long time. I don't know why but the two sets of camo ones I have didn't last but a couple years. The camo wore off them and they both ripped on the sides. A different rubber type or something.

Never hunted there but most of those type hunts on the TV people are wearing hip boots to cross the different creeks and waterways.
PBS  Member

Offline 3Feathers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 04:38:00 PM »
I have used Lacrosse boots for 30yrs.Made a great choise. Good luck on your hunt.Aim Small.
HH Cheetah 66in. 48lb at 25in.
HH HalfBreed 66in. 57lb. at 27in.
HH Wesley Special  56lb. at 26in..
HH Big 5          64lb. at 28in.
HH Wesley Special 55lb. at 28in.
HH Redman         60lb. at 28in.
Simmmons sharks
2016 Legacys

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 04:47:00 PM »
I've had 2 pairs  of Lacrosse rubber boots in the last 20 years, thats all I'll wear.
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline amicus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 04:49:00 PM »
I have been hunting in Alaska for the past 4 yrs. We hunt black bears in the Prince William Sound area. We also use a Kodiak to get to our hunting grounds. I use neoprene chest waders with the attached rubber boots. We cross a lot water and a lot times it gets deep. I really don't like them because they are not the best boots for spot and stalk type hunting and like JC said not the best boot to walk in all day. My freinds like to use waders with out the attached boots and then use the type of lace up boot that is used for fishing. They say that the soft felt sole gives them better traction in the water. Not sure where you will be hunting but if its anything like where I have been, Alphaburlys or any other type rubber boot will not be enough to keep you dry. Some people like to use hip boots but thats still not enough for me. Any way, Good luck on your hunt. Alaska is AMAZING.
The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich and He addeth no sorrow with it. Prov 10;22

A sinner saved by Grace.

Offline L. E. Carroll

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 04:51:00 PM »
Guys thank's for your indorsement of these.  :wavey:
Tall Tines R/C
64 Kodiak
Blacktail Elite

PBS Associate Member

Offline LoweBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 04:53:00 PM »
Been wearing a pair of Burley Grange (rubber) boots for 13 years now.  They finally got a hole this season.  I purchased a pair of the new "neoprene" SST model boots for cold weather and love them so far.  Will prob get a set of the Alpha lite for early season, but would be hard pressed not to buy another set of the old Grange boots!  Good luck w/ yer boots!  If you have a problem contact LaCrosse and send them back.
Backwater Bowfishing Pro Staff.
MossyOak Pro Staff.
They can have my bow when it's pried from my cold dead fingers.

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 04:54:00 PM »
Sure did Gene, now don't make the mistake of wearing cotton socks. Get you some good wool socks, thin and thick pairs.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2010, 05:00:00 PM »
Good choice.  I bought a pair with 1200gr thinsulate.  They looked a little bulky, but I found they were very comfotable to walk in, and had no trouble climbing into my tree stand with them (when I did such things).  I never noticed they were a little bulky.  And they kept my feet warm.  They cracked a little after about 6 or 7 years of use, and started leaking a little bit.  I use LL Bean Maine Hunters now and stay out of trees.  Again, good choice.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2010, 05:34:00 PM »
I own 2 pair of hunting boots. Early season I wear LaCrosse Grange. When it gets cold I wear a pair of LaCrosse Burly's 1200 . I'd say you made a great choice. Scent free, ticks can't climb them, and waterproof. I wear wool socks always.The 1200 look bulky but I have no problem wearing them and using a Loggy Bayou portable climber.By the way which bow will you be shooting on that hunt? Very Impressive inventory!

Offline Running Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2010, 06:31:00 PM »
Gene, good pick. I run a trap line every morning with mine on for four months a year, going on four years now. Tack that on to the bow season with up and down tree stands for 60 days plus. One tough rubber boot that I would buy again in a heart beat.

Offline WVeer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2010, 08:06:00 PM »
I just bought a pair of 800gr.  I'm done with Ro@%y's.  I have had too many pairs that were junk and hurt my feet.  The LaCross AlphaBurleys felt good in the store and it sound like it was a good choice.

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2010, 08:11:00 PM »
Yea a good pair of smart wool socks helps a whole lot when weraing those boots, i love mine.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline LA Trapper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 08:19:00 PM »
I have the Alpha Burlys.  It doesn't get the kind of cold you folks up North receive, but we get a wet and I mean wet cold in Louisiana.  I like the boots.  Tough to sneak up on things though.  You can climb on lock on sticks easy enough.

If you wear the smart wool be sure to get the boot big enough to not crowd your toes.  Otherwise you will get cold and uncomfortable.

Be sure to share your trip with us and good luck.
Billy
Lifetime Member Bayou State Bowhunters
Lifetime Member Louisiana Traditional Bowmen

The path of least resistance is what makes men and rivers crooked.

Offline BFinegan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2010, 08:21:00 PM »
Lacrosse is the gold standard for rubber knee boots. I've tried them and always go back to Lacrosse. I use mine for all types of hunting and for work cruising timber and they just can't be beat.
"Ships in Harbor are safe, but that is not what Ships were made for"

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2010, 08:37:00 PM »
Got two pair... best boots I own.
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline L. E. Carroll

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2010, 09:17:00 PM »
Thanks guys... I'm feeling real confident in my choice now.

Bentpole, you asked which bow I was going to use ?
I am really wanting to give the "new to me" Mini-14 Morrison ILF that I  recenty got from Danny Rowan, a work out. I have the 60# carbon/foam "D" recurve limbs with that one and a back up set of [aprox] 56# Hoyt G3's[long's] coming in the mail..

I May take both, the Mini-14 and my 53# 58" Cheyenne, with one in each bag in case something happens to one of the bags.    :wavey:
Tall Tines R/C
64 Kodiak
Blacktail Elite

PBS Associate Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©