3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Stone Indian arrow heads  (Read 404 times)

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Stone Indian arrow heads
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2010, 04:26:00 PM »
Forgot to mention I'd show pics. if I could ever figure this photobucket out.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2010, 04:33:00 PM »
I have around one hundred point and tools most of mine are over one thousand years old. I have never sold any but i have donated some to the St. Judes auction. I just love to find them and consider myself fortunate to have a good friend that lets me look for them on his farm were there are several camp sites.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline NorthernCaliforniaHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2010, 04:40:00 PM »
I found a stone used for grinding acorns. I will never sell it.
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2010, 10:06:00 PM »
So Jim,did you get your handle from something you found in a cornfield?
Wasn't the same without you and Joe at the bunny hunt and at least one bunny got to live because of it I'm sure.See you at the Muzzy if not sooner.

Offline Mr.Vic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2010, 12:21:00 AM »
I used to walk miles and miles of Iowa ground and creeks searching for Artifacts. I had about a gallon of heads. Gave some to friends and family, still have the better ones, spear points mostly. Have a few axe heads as well. Always on the search walking to stands during Bowhunting. Arrowheads are worth what people will pay. But think about this. One day early in my searches i was out hunting with an older fellow. I found a nice arrowhead and he came over bent down as i picked it up. He closed my hand with his and said, " In your hand is a ancient piece of the past, made by an ancient man 5000 or more years ago. You,are the first white person to hold it in your hand since he lost it. Think about that. Every piece i have found since that day has affected me. One day while Hunting i found a head. It is beveled like a Grizzly head of today. I had it aged and was told by a state arch, that it is over 9000 years old.
“I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness.”
― Aldo Leopold

Offline Chuck Hoopes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010, 12:39:00 AM »
Thoreau refered to them as "Fossilized ideas, revolving in the skin of the earth."

Offline Friends call me Pac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2010, 01:40:00 AM »
I would love to find an arrowhead.  Been looking since 1976.  Guess the ancient hunters were better shots where I was looking than where you guys were looking.  At least that's the only thing I can think of.
USAF Retired '85-'05

An old hand me down recurve sparked the fire, Trad Gang fanned the flames.  There is no stopping now.  Burn baby burn!

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2010, 02:48:00 AM »
The last arrow head I found was while turkey hunting. I looked down and there it was. A turkey gobbled as I picked it up. Somehow I felt connected with a spirit of a warrior hunter who was hunting right where I stood in a time gone by , maybe for a turkey.
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2010, 03:17:00 AM »
I have never hunted or found a stone arrowhead. I have friends who hunt and find them all the time after rains on freshly worked ground. I think it would be an amazing feeling, especially for a bowhunter, like Keefer said above to find an arrowhead and wonder why it was there. By the way, these folks who are good at finding arrowheads can also pick out a good camping spot!

Offline jr1959

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2010, 07:46:00 AM »
I have found some nice heads and surprised that some are over a thousand years old.  Check out kensrelics.com for prices and a varied selection of artifacts.  I couldn't imagine selling any of mine.
'59 Kodiak 45# Gainesville 60" LH
Jim Hoker Woodspirit Bows 60#, 55#, 48#
Fox Royal Crown 62” 44#
Fox Longbow 66” 40#

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©