3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Black Widow testing program  (Read 161 times)

Offline Kajun Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
Black Widow testing program
« on: February 25, 2010, 07:33:00 PM »
Can you please tell me how the Black Widow bow testing program works.  I am interested in testing a PMA in the 55lb range.  How are the bows shipped?  How does the return work?  I am interested in trying the bow out for a few days, just hope that I don't get caught in the web too fast. I have read many interesting reviews on these bows, and the exotics are beautiful pieces or art.  
Thanks

Offline L82HUNT

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Black Widow testing program
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 07:47:00 PM »
1. If you would like to get your hands on a Black Widow to try out for a week, just give us a call and together we can select a bow out of our DEMO fleet that is close to what you are interested in ordering.
You may send a money order or we can charge your credit card for the price of that model of bow plus UPS 2nd day air shipping and insurance BOTH ways. Please give us a shipping address where there will be someone available to receive and sign for the bow.
After you shoot the bow for one week simply affix the enclosed return shipping label and have UPS return it to us.
Assuming the bow and components are returned to us in normal condition, we will then send you a refund check or credit your charge card for the price of the bow (you end up paying only the shipping and insurance).
Or, if at that time you decide you want to order a Black Widow bow, we will transfer your payment to your new bow order and build one for you at the specifications you prefer and we will pay the shipping on your new bow when completed.  This is from there site.

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 07:48:00 PM »
You can check it out on their website,but basically you pay for the bow and shoot it for about a week.Then you return in the same condition you are refunded the price of the bow minus the shipping.Pretty cheap cost to try out a bow.

Offline Bob Miller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 08:03:00 PM »
The program is great, it allows you to try any model that they make.
Bowhunting is not just a way of life, it is also fun.

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 09:38:00 PM »
Why 2nd day UPS?  Ground gets most places in two or three days for a lot less.  To me it would probably be 2 days, but depending on the 2nd day air selected it could cost up to 3x what ground would.  I really want to spend a week with a PCH, but don't want to blow too big a chunk of my bow fund on the test drive.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline Nick559

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 09:56:00 PM »
I asked someone there that same question a few weeks ago and I got the following answers:

1) They can send out and receive bows almost twice as fast and get them into more people's hands to try out over time;

2) Its the rules.

Besides, who else lets you try out a bow in their extensive loaner fleet, in the specifications you want, before you spend $900.00 plus for a bow so you don't make a $900.00 plus mistake?

Offline joe ashton

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 10:22:00 PM »
thier test program is A#1.. the best...
but be warned you will buy....
Joe
Joe Ashton,D.C.
 pronghorn long bow  54#
 black widow long bow 55#
 21 century long bow 55#
 big horn recurve  58#

Offline helo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 11:32:00 PM »
I think this program by black widow is great! I wish other bow makers had this as part of their company one would think the more your product is tried the more likely one would be to purchase. I have asked several bowmakers over the years if they had any demo models to try and they told me in various terms "no way never". So my hats off to black widow for having this test drive.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©