3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Got my new to me Hoyt Huntmaster  (Read 159 times)

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
Got my new to me Hoyt Huntmaster
« on: February 26, 2010, 07:08:00 PM »
Well traded for a #50,58" Hoyt huntmaster, woodent riser, Shedua and Osage looks like. Great finish and a few dings, limbs are excellent, has all the quiver/sights/stab/ and plunger button inserts. Man is it a shooter, smooth, fast and whisper quiet,no hand shock, shoots where I look out to 30 yds, about as far as most of my hunting shots would be. I honestly got this for trading fodder, but I shot it so well belive Im gonna let it spend some time here, Turkey season is a coming. Does anyone know when this Earl Hoyt bow was made, I am assuming in the 1990's.I assume they are FF string compatible.
samuel koger

Offline Mr.Vic

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Got my new to me Hoyt Huntmaster
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 08:28:00 PM »
I got alot of use from my ole huntmaster for years.Been refurbished and such.  I had someone email me a ways back and he told me that the hoyt huntmaster was Korean made and imported in the 80's. And dropped by Hoyt as fast as it came.I tryed fast string on mine but i did't like it,nor did she. So went back to the ole standard. If i didn't have my other bows i have now she would be back in action. You want to know alittle more about them do a search on here, there is plenty of info.
“I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness.”
― Aldo Leopold

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 12:54:00 AM »
The Huntmaster was made after Earl sold the company, and it was made by Samick in Korea.  The same bow is still available under several names, including Internature Hunter, and Samick Hunter...both 58".

They are nice shooting bows, but not an Earl Hoyt bow or design.  I don't believe they were setup for fastflight, but you can buy new Samick limbs for it that will bolt right on.

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 09:59:00 AM »
I bought one in 1987 or 88 it was a killer for sure. It may have been on the self awhile considering how eager the guy was to give me a great deal. It was 65# @ 28 .

Offline frank bullitt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 11:57:00 AM »
A good friend of mine has one. I'm thinking he bought his late '80s also. He was deadly with that bow! Then he bought a Sky takedown and went to 65 lbs. and his shooting fell off. Back to the compound.

Koger he shot F.F. strings on it that I had made for him. I'm pretty sure the were made for it. Look and see if it has linen micarta tips. Hoyt was pretty much using F.F. on all their bows at that time.

As I recall, there was another similar bow made by another company?

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 04:47:00 PM »
Thnaks guys for all the feedback. I was shooting it today, out to 30 yards on 3D, at cans an such out to 40 yds, I shoot it better than I did some much higher dollar bows. I believe it has FF on it, what the previous owner had put on it, it has black phenolic tips, I beleive it will be ok as quiet as it is.
samuel koger

Offline Uncle Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 06:57:00 AM »
I bought one  sometime in the late 80s- I think. It was supposed to be a temporary bow until I could afford a Super Diablo. never got the Super Diablo, but I still have the Huntmaster. Its real shooter (55#) and because it was inexpensive I have neve been afraid to camo it with spray paint, something I would never do with a expensive "pretty" bow. Does anyone else still hunt with their "starter"bow?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©