3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: My new wood splitter  (Read 514 times)

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
My new wood splitter
« on: April 22, 2007, 09:51:00 PM »
Flint Kemper has been talking about joining the local archery club so today I took him out there.  I took him around the north field course, we shot a bit, and he tried out my old John Shulz longbow, which he liked.  Then, I put him to work on some range cleanup.

Two ice storms have left a bunch of that worthless yellar trash wood scattered across the trails, so we cleaned up some of it. Here's a couple pics of Flint with the logs we cut.  You can see the downed tree we cut them from.

He thinks that little hatchet will do the job.

Here's the first log after the first split.

And the four staves from one of those splits.

We still have a log and a half on the ground, plus some shorter pieces that should yield some nice billets.  We're havein' some fun now!!     :bigsmyl:
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline flint kemper

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: My new wood splitter
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 10:11:00 PM »
What a friend he lures me to the range with the promise of shooting his Schulz bow,and after about an hour of shooting he puts me to work. Na. We had a good time as usual and talked about Traditional archery which is always fun with someone who is that knowledgable. My arms and back will be sore tomorrow though. I think a good trade would be for that Schulz bow or hey maybe that Chuck Jones bow you got comin. HA HA buddy. Flint

Offline Deadsmple

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 10:15:00 PM »
:thumbsup:  sure looks like a nice haul. Wish I had access to "worthless yellar trash wood."
All praise is the Lords

"to get to heaven, turn right and stay straight"

Offline 1/2primitive

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 10:58:00 PM »
Nice! Great day's work there!
  Sean

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 11:43:00 PM »
Yeah, real shame all that "trashy" wood laying around. Looks like the work has just begun.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©