3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Black Widow Grip -- PCH and PA  (Read 367 times)

Offline jwingman

• Trad Bowhunter
Black Widow Grip -- PCH and PA
« on: February 28, 2010, 01:05:00 PM »
Has anybody had their mitts on the new Black Widow PCH. I am trying to find out how the PCH handle compares to the handle on the PA. I am thinking about buying one or the other. I know they will let you try them out but I can only try one at a time. If the handles are pretty similar, it will just be a decision about take-down or one piece. Anyone have any experience with these handles? I would appreciate any feedback from someone who has fondled them at the same time maybe. Thanks - jwingman

Offline Longbow338

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Black Widow Grip -- PCH and PA
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 01:40:00 PM »
By handle I assume you mean grip the pma psa pa and pch all have the same grips.  Each model gives you a choice of 3 standard grips. The asbell standard and low grip.
2 morrison mini ilf's skinned
2 shawnees skinned
2 PCH X honduran rosewood
Tiger mytrle and brazilian rosewood

Offline Longbow338

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 01:41:00 PM »
I prefer the asbell
2 shawnees skinned

Offline Glenn Hickey Jr.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 01:53:00 PM »
The "P" stands for Precision and the risers are make on a CNC machine.  This is just one of the things I really like about WIDOWS. The Asbell grip fits my style and hand better than anyother bow I've tried, so I can rely on the fact that all the Asbell riser grips will be the same, PSA, PTF, PCH.
Father, Glorify Thyself..
at my expense...
and send me the bill.

Offline sentinel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 02:01:00 PM »
I tried out the three different grips at kalamazoo and settled on a PCH with the standard grip. The low grip was a close second and the asbell grip just didn't feel right for me. The fit and feel of a grip is purely subjective. For what a new Widow cost it would probably be in your best interest to try out the different grips to find what fits you the best. I would think that the grip between the PCH and PA bow should be the same.

Online happy1

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 04:15:00 PM »
The would go with the PCH over the SA. The PCH has less mass weight and shot very nice. I shot them all and like the low grip best and the regular next.  The Asbell grip was to big for me.
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Dan White

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 04:43:00 PM »
I made my second trip down to Springfield this weekend to shoot the PCH. I spent 2 hours shooting Saturday morning. Yes I caved in...bought the low grip in a PCH X

Offline jwingman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 05:23:00 PM »
I appreciate all the input. I am not looking to get opinions on which grip or which bow to buy. Only if the standard handle on the PCH is similar to the standard handle on the PA. Someone who has had their hands on both at the same time has an advantage over me because I have not held either. I had a PSA bow before. From some of the input, it sounds like maybe the handle is the same as the PSA.
Keep the input coming. It is all interesting.
Thanks
Jim

Offline Longbow338

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 06:37:00 PM »
All standard grips are the exact same grip on every model it is offered in the pa pma psa pch ptf all the same.
2 shawnees skinned

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©