3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: USPS Shipping Time  (Read 698 times)

Offline Mon Valley

• Trad Bowhunter
USPS Shipping Time
« on: March 01, 2010, 08:32:00 AM »
I was just wondering how long it should take to send a MO shipped USPS Priority Mail to get from the east coast to the west coast (Ohio to California).   I mailed it in a letter envelope last Tuesday and it has not arrived yet.  I thought it was 2-3 days. I used delivery conformation that has not been updated since last Wednesday.  I have used this same shipping method before numerious times without a problem. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I spoke to the recipient numerious times.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: USPS Shipping Time
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 08:46:00 AM »
If you go to USPS.com there is a shipping calculator tool that will tell you what to expect.  Enter your zip code and the zip code that you shipped to and it will give an estimate on both delivery time and cost.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 09:17:00 AM »
With delivery confirmation the USPS can trace your package. Have you checked with them?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Intuit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 09:22:00 AM »
Maybe it's in one of those two bags they "think" might have been lost over Montana. They're not really sure if any were lost though, but they have people looking in the Bob Marshall Wilderness, just in case.

Now that's being right on top of things!
Senior member & Measurer P&Y Club
NRA Life Member
Past Bowhunter Safety Instructor

Offline DEAN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 09:38:00 AM »
I mailed a priority mail letter to IOWA from Pennsylvania and it only took 3 months!!!!!Chad from LOST CREEK BOWS can verify it!!!!!
TGMM Family of the Bow
Comptons Traditional Bowhunter

Offline Three Finger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 09:41:00 AM »
I work at the PO. I but I'm a carrier not a a window clerk. I would think from CA to OH. It might be more like 5 days.
US Army AIRBORNE 95-98
Woodland Hunter 58"48#@28
Hoyt Dorado 55#@28

Offline Jmatt1957

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 09:57:00 AM »
I mailed pic home from Oregon in 1975. Recieved the pkg in 1980 it was left in a mail bag in New Jersey. Kind of cool to mail a pkg and then be home to recieve it.

Offline Running Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 10:05:00 AM »
All of the bows I have mailed from NJ to the west coast have taken between three and four days. I tried UPS once and that took well over a week.

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 10:12:00 AM »
I have shipped and received cross country letters/packages using priority mail and 95% of the time it is 2-3 days like they advertise.
Lon Scott

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 10:30:00 AM »
USPS does a great job but they are not perfect,most all the time Priority mail will get anywhere in the states in the 2-3 days.But I mailed a money order Priority mail and it took 17 days for it to arrive,apparently it was damaged at the post office.In all that time the delivery confirmation just said when I mailed it out at the post office.It did finally arrive,it looked like they used some duct tape to put it back together.Sometimes things just happen,out of all the packages I've mailed or recieved this was one problem.

Offline Greg Owen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 12:50:00 PM »
I had a pkg that I mailed a couple weeks ago take a week to get there. I mailed it priority. Always before it was 2-3 days.  I found out for some reason it set 3 days in the post office I mailed it at.  So problems can happen, but it is very rare in my dealings.
Greg  >>>>>--------------->
A Traditional Archer and Vegetarian.

Offline Mon Valley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 02:51:00 PM »
Thanks for the responces.  I filed a claim number this morning and gave the lady a conformation number.  I called back this afternoon and the next lady told me it was mailed first class and had no conformation number. What a great run business.  I'm typically a calm person, but there is no accountability for a government run business that loses money every year. In my 19 yrs in business I never had an issue with FedEx. Yes it cost more but typically you get what you pay for.  Lesson learned, no more USPS for me or my business.

Offline Greg Owen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2010, 03:01:00 PM »
Always make sure the person taking the parcel runs the confirmation ticket through their machine and places it on the parcel and then gives you the receipt part. It's bright green so easy to make sure it is done.
Greg  >>>>>--------------->
A Traditional Archer and Vegetarian.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2010, 04:31:00 PM »
This was not a parcel, but a letter. It is unusual to use a delivery confirmation on a letter, it is generally cheaper to just send it Certified. I saw a DC on a letter today, though, and it is the only one I can remember seeing. (I'm a letter carrier too.)

I would think that if you have the DC number, there should be no question about following it up. Did you put the DC on the letter, or see the clerk put it on?

You would no doubt, in any case, have kept the receipt for the transaction and can prove your claim using that. It may require a trip in to the Post Office where you made the transaction. I love my job, hate the Post Office, and will not ship with any other carrier, given a choice. The USPS has shown me the best service with the fewest losses/breakages.

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2010, 04:41:00 PM »
1st Class to CA took 5 Days from Indiana, Priority was about the Same
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2010, 04:46:00 PM »
A money order for me is been sent the 19th from WA. as a deposit for some bows in Montana and not yet arrived.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2010, 08:55:00 PM »
Dang, Felix, I'm sorry. After I get done searching the Bob Marshall Wilderness I'll get right on it.

Killdeer   :rolleyes:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Online Chuck Jones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2010, 09:32:00 PM »
I ship hundreds of packages by Priority mail. From Illinois; most take 2 days to California. Very seldom, does it take more than 3 working days to anywhere in the US, including Alaska. Most times, if it takes too long, it is because of an error by your local postal clerk. That's why I use the Ship N Click online site to print my own postage labels. I always get insurance on packages over $50.00, and delivery confirmation is free online. I put the Priority or Express labels on myself. I've had packages that I shipped in the past by Prioriy, take 2 weeks, because the clerk forgot to put Priority labels on.

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2010, 09:44:00 PM »
Bring back the Pony Express...LOL I have sent letters regular mail and they went from Jersey to Cali. in 5 days.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Mon Valley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2010, 10:26:00 PM »
The letter was in a prioity envelope.  You know the ones that the USPS personel see every day.  I did pay extra for a delivery confomation.  The update on the tracking shows no updates, just where it was recieved. I dropped it off so it is apparent that I know this information.  I was out of town for work so I can not go back to the PO where I mailed it from. I called them today with out any help whatsoever. It seem like when I talk to any employee at the USPS they are not willing to help. I did get a second case number this afternoon that was 1100 consecutive numbers from the first case number I recieved 3 hours earlier. Although I gave the lady on the phone a conformation number see did not put it in my file. That tells me there were 1100 mistakes in 3 hours.  Great quality control!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©