3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: USPS Shipping Time  (Read 699 times)

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: USPS Shipping Time
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2010, 11:19:00 PM »
it only takes 2-3 days max for priority.i have mailed m/o's from here and they were back east in two days.had a guy mail me one from georgia and it came the very next day.sent priority but it made it overnite.yours should have been there by now for sure.go to usps and track it,although they may not have it updated yet.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline Greg Owen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2010, 11:36:00 PM »
Actually, today when I picked up a Delivery Confirmation receipt for something I am shipping tomorrow I noticed you can use the confirmation number for a first class letter. There is a checkbox on the DC ticket for it.  Then when I was checking online for cost to ship I noticed this. I can ship 2 day priority for $13 or 6 day parcel for $20.  Some things I do not understand.
Greg  >>>>>--------------->
A Traditional Archer and Vegetarian.

Offline metsastaja

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2010, 08:11:00 AM »
Snow seems to have bungled a lot of stuff coming out of the NE.  I am just getting letters mailed on Feb. 20
Les Heilakka
TGMM Family of the Bow  
Some times the uneventful nights are just as good if not better than the eventful ones

Offline buckracks7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2010, 11:07:00 AM »
The Post Office always recommends giving it 2 weeks before filing a claim. One time my package was delayed because a truck broke down. Stuff Happens.
If it's in your way, move it.

Offline frank bullitt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2010, 12:54:00 PM »
Well, I have shipped priority since they offered this service! Rules, times and guarantees have changed for sure. I don't mind paying for increases in a service or product, but not when the change the services given!

If you ship USPS priority and think UPS isn't getting your biz, they are a contracted service for USPS!

Like Killie says, she enjoys her job and probably goes the extra for folks! Good people provide great Service, no matter what it is! But the "others" in the biz implement the rules and regulations, and "handcuff" the good!

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2010, 01:28:00 PM »
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline Mon Valley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2010, 03:44:00 PM »
I agree Frank some employees do go the extra mile but some are there for 8hrs because they have to be in order to recieve a paycheck.  I will say Bruce from my local PO did get things moving and located my package. I would like to formally THANK HIM! If you contact the USPS through the contact us option on there website, it reconizes your address and informs the local PO manager.  I guess the right buttons were pressed (literally).

Offline LongbowGuy83

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2010, 08:36:00 PM »
I shipped a bow flat rate shipping triangular box from North Carolina to Alaska a couple months ago. Shipped out Monday morning and was in the gal's hands by Friday. A little faster than normal I think. Only about $16 too.
Caleb Chambers
Carolina Traditional Archers

Offline portugeejn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2010, 10:02:00 PM »
Money order sent out last Friday from Oregon.  Was received in North Carolina Tuesday morning.  First Class mail.  All my experiences with the USPS have been similar.  Given the amount of stuff the USPS moves, I think it is a wonder that any of it gets where it is going!

RonP

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2010, 08:57:00 AM »
I mailed a deposit to Wyoming on Saturday via Express Mail with a guaranteed delivery of yesterday at 3pm. Cost me almost $20.00 to send an envelope . Other than my item being received at the PO there is no record of its movement. I spoke with a postal rep at customer service and she is going to attempt to locate the item. She told me i could bring the original paperwork to the PO and file a claim to get a refund of the Express Mail rate. When I asked her about the money order  that was in the envelope, which I bought at the PO, she had no answer for me.
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline Quickblood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2010, 10:21:00 AM »
wow, glad to hear things are on the right track

Offline lone hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2010, 02:12:00 PM »
Sent small bubble envelope to Nebraska Feb 26, evidently it hasn't arrived yet. Sent money back for the items mailed. Always use tracking of some sort now matter how small an item. Never had trouble before.

Offline kat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2010, 03:38:00 PM »
I got a money order today here in New York that was sent out using USPS from Portland Oregon on Saturday.  By my count that is 2 days. I am happy.
Ken Thornhill

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©