3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Onestringer Limbstations  (Read 553 times)

Offline jonathan creason

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Onestringer Limbstations
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2010, 09:02:00 PM »
Anybody got some pics of these on longbows?  I'd like to see how the different patterns look on the thinner limbs.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2010, 09:53:00 PM »
Joekeith...What do you have wrapped around at the point where the skins end?? Real nice looking!! I've have a Gen III due in April..can't wait first new bow.
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2010, 09:58:00 AM »
Zradix, I just used some waxed string, the stuff used for stitching leather.  It isn't necessary, I just thought it matched the look of a horsebow style bow......You oughtta be real happy when ya finally get the bow.  They really zing an arrow.

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2010, 10:18:00 AM »
I too am wanting some OneStringers "snake skins" for my curve.  It is a Bear 71 Grizzly that is brown in the riser.

The problem is I don't know what to do at the middle where the stations would meet.  Would I have to put a leather grip on it to hide the seam where they come together or one of the roll on rubber grip things?

I'd like to hear how you all have done it on your 1 piece curves that you have "skins" or limbstations on.  If you have pics, that would be AWESOME as I'd like to see what the end result looks like.

Nalajr

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2010, 11:42:00 AM »
Thanks Joe. Looks good!
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2010, 01:34:00 PM »
Nala....you can just match up the pattern and butt them up together.  My Stalker is like that.  I'll try and get some pics of it today......

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2010, 08:22:00 PM »
Can they be put on the belly side of the limbs as well?

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2010, 08:50:00 PM »
Yep....I've got them on both sides of my Stalker.

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2010, 09:24:00 PM »
Thanks Joekieth...happy day!

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2010, 10:15:00 PM »
I just put some on an old Bear Polar for my cousin.  He picked up the bow at Kalamazoo and wanted something to cover the white fiberglass.  I think they came out nice, but were a little harder to trim up then I thought.  The blade got sticky and caught in a few places that made the cuts not 100% straight.  Look very nice, though...Mike

Thought I'd add a pic of the bow before limbsations.

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2010, 10:49:00 PM »
OH WOW!!!

Now THAT is one sweet looking setup!!  "I think they came out nice."  Are you kiddin' me?  That is AWESOME!  Those Copperhead limbstations are really striking.

I went to Onestringers page and checked out his selection of Limbstations and thought that the Copperhead stations would probably work well on my Grizzly.  I didn't know they were that BRIGHT.  Not that it's a bad thing, I think they look great.  I just don't know how well it would look on my BROWN riser Grizzly.

I'm trying to think of a shade of brown I can compare it to so you all would have a better idea of what I am talking about, but I can't think of anything that really HITS it, if ya know what I mean.

Do you all think that Copperhead would look good on my Brown Grizzly?

Anymore pics of 1 piece curves with Limbstations or skins on them?  C'mon and post 'em.

Nalajr

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2010, 11:21:00 PM »
Thanks for the kind words.  I'll post a pic of his riser.  Not sure what it is, maybe bubinga?  I think it looks good on this riser.  Can you post a pic of your riser?

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2010, 12:11:00 AM »
I'll try tomorrow.  Mine is darker than the one you just posted.

I hope I'm not in trouble for HiJacking this thread.  If so, I apologize for my rudeness.

Nalajr

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2010, 05:52:00 PM »
Here are pics of my Bear Grizzly Riser.....

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2010, 05:56:00 PM »
And another for your viewing "pleasure"...   :saywhat:

What color limbstation do you think would work well on this riser?  Do you think the Copperhead station pictured above would work on this riser?

Thanks for the help.

Nalajr

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2010, 08:30:00 PM »
I was looking at your bow and onestringer's site and I think maybe the canebrakes or prairie rattler would look better than the copperheads with your riser wood.  Hopefully someone with more snakeskin experience will chime in for you...Mike

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©