3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: the best of the blinds  (Read 627 times)

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: the best of the blinds
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2010, 08:17:00 PM »
Glad to hear you guys like the primos, I ordered one yesterday.
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline dbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 09:34:00 PM »
I have owned a Yukon and a Double Bull Dark Horse.

Facts:
-Yukon ($150)lasted for 5 years without any problems.
-DB ($400)had to be sent back to repair rod pockets after only 9 Months!!!  Had to pay shipping.

DB recurve blind with the lightweight rods is hard to beat in terms of setup and walking long distances.  But they don't last long.  In the future I'll prbably buy two yukons.  Plus, if you leave your blinds out in the woods, who would steal a Yukon?  A Double Bull would be gone in an hour!!!

Offline lonearcher12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2010, 12:44:00 AM »
Thanks for all your input so far and good luck hunting this spring!!

Offline sloaf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2010, 01:56:00 AM »
I have a double bull t2 and would stick to under 60". I went to 56" and It was a better combo.  I bought the blind first and then a bow later to fit the blind. Buying gear is an expensive lesson.
If your shooting stinks, work with a Form master.  It'll bring back your A game.

Offline BobCo 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2010, 09:14:00 AM »
We've used the Primos Escape Deluxe and like it very much.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2010, 09:21:00 AM »
The Hidden Hunter blind which is made in the USA is the quickest set up and take down blind that you will find. Portability is also easy. These are important factors for turkey hunting for those times when you want to "quickly" pick up and move your location to where the birds are.

You can easily shoot a 64" bow from the blind and I've heard of one that shot his 66" bow from the Hidden Hunter.

When you see the video demo, the first blind used in the film is the smaller 5X5 gun blind. The Bow blind shown with the hunter and his bow is 6X6 and it sets up and carries just as easily.
   http://www.shrewbows.com/hiddenhunterblinds/index.html
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline helo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2010, 01:52:00 PM »
I also have had good results with the dark horse. It reminds me of trad archery eq. lots of different kinds out there too many to choose from. Thats how the help on here comes in.

Offline NorthernCaliforniaHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2010, 02:15:00 PM »
I'm planning on building a "shield" of mirror-finished plexi-glass. I've seen something like it on the internet and it seems you can walk right up to all kinds of game. When you get close they see their own reflection.
I'll let you know if it works or not.
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Offline longarrow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2010, 08:22:00 AM »
Have about 6 grounds blind, 3 of the Yukon's..can't beat them for the SIZE, PRICE AND LOVE THOSE LARGE WINDOWS! Good luck
TGMM Family of the Bow

Live a Good Life! And in the end, it's not the number of years in your life...it's the LIFE in your years!!!

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2010, 09:11:00 AM »
Besides the HIDDEN HUNTER are there any others made in the USA?   :readit:  Where can I see this Yukon on line? Thanks

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2010, 11:45:00 AM »
There is a free shipping special for the month of March on the Hidden Hunter blinds.
 http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=086118
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline hydrasport205

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2010, 12:16:00 PM »
i bought a killzone turret xl from **** new for $99.00 and it works great easy set up  and is the same size as a double bull also free shipping also

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©