3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Are Mfr's missing the boat on hydration?  (Read 528 times)

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Are Mfr's missing the boat on hydration?
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2010, 01:42:00 PM »
It's been a long time since I looked at packs, so I'm surprised to hear that finding one that accepts hydration baldders is dificult. I've only bought two packs -- a High Sierra and a large Guide Series from Gander Mountain -- and both of them accept hydration bladders. I don't think either pack cost me more than $50.

Offline GMMAT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2010, 03:31:00 PM »
Jason:

To be pointed.....I was originally interested in the Bison Gear line.  Yes.  I could have inserted a hydration bladder in there, somewhere.  But, it doesn't seem "ideal"....nor do they make mention of it being "compatible".  They also don't offer a hydration pack for their line.

That's the skinny.

If I'm off base....someone will surely (and should) set me straight.  I'll humbly recant.

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2010, 03:42:00 PM »
Ah...I see. That makes sense. Both of the packs I mentioned have compartments for hydration bladders, as well as openings and clips for the drinking tubes. I guess I just kind of took for granted that this was standard on packs, but it's not.

Offline slivrslingr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2010, 06:31:00 PM »
While the Bison Gear packs don't have a specific pocket for a bladder, a bladder quite nicely nestles at the bottom of the pack.  I use a 3 litre Platypus with the tube running over my right shoulder and it's never leaked or caused an issue.  The only problem I've had is with the mouth piece getting snagged on the string while stumping and flying off into the brush, which is actually a problem with me not tucking it away and not a problem with the product.  During early season I can easily consume all 3 litres so I carry a 1 litre soda bottle and Aqua Mira water treatment for treating and refilling on the go.  If you want to carry both water and a sports drink, use 2 smaller bladders.  

The Badlands have a good reputation as well, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.  Good luck in Colorado, it should be a great trip no matter what pack you have on your back!

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2010, 06:54:00 PM »
I use Badlands packs different sizes depending on the hunt. The bladders work great but when it's really cold the water will freeze in the tube. When it's that cold I carry bottled water and put it in my pack where it has a bit of insulation.
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©