3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hunter orange - Safety - CO Elk hunt  (Read 297 times)

Offline Gehrke145

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hunter orange - Safety - CO Elk hunt
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2010, 02:13:00 PM »
I dont but i have a orange sheet that goes over my pack when I packing out horn!

Offline NewtoTrad2008

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2010, 04:26:00 PM »
For my 2 cents-
Last year I was with a group and there were a couple of ML's with us, we happened to be coming down the road at the same time as the DOW was coming up. Them in their orange and me in camo head to toe. He of course checked all of our linceses and ID's and never once said a word about me not having any orange on, and this is a very by the book DWM. I have always kept a close eye out for the ML's and either make sure they see me (waving some marking tape) or hold tight and watch them walk by. The important thing is that you feel comfortable with the situation.
Kanati 56" 55#@26" missing :-(
Mohawk 64" 60#@28"
Ben Pearson KM Special 50#@28"
Matt

Offline wixwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2010, 04:41:00 PM »
Well, the previous folks from CO have pretty much covered the topic. I would add that there are several high power firearm seasons going on in CO during bow season too. It started as one and they keep adding more in more areas. The CBA has done their best to minimimalize this trend but...... Moral of the story, join the archery association where you hunt too, it could make a difference.
Fort Collins Archery Association
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
NRA Life Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©