3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Illinois Traditional bowhuting only Club update.  (Read 362 times)

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Illinois Traditional bowhuting only Club update.
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2010, 03:02:00 PM »
Hey Mike...put Whitey on that 210"...it'll keep him busy until he's at least 240"
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 03:23:00 PM »
Mike, I can't wait to see the pics of that one one here next fall!

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2010, 04:23:00 PM »
Biggie-- Whitey already missed him at 4 yards when he scored 176 typical as a 5x5 in 2007. He still has 5x5 typical frame, but added two drops on the right and three other sticker tines. He will be 7 1/2 next fall.

I will bring pictures of him to PBS.

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2010, 08:49:00 PM »
Mike think you can make those pics part of your lecture? I gotta see those!

Being part of over a 1000 acres of a QDM farm in Kentucky and about 400 acres of likeminded landowners here in Illinois I can really see how you are able to grow older whitetails. Hunting pressure is a big reason the above mentioned farms were not growing good deer when we got our act together. It's tough getting folks to buy into the concept of maybe eating a tag and we still struggle as a group with us hunters taking the fringe buck that would be mature next year. I am the only trad bowhunter in our group in both places. The idea of an all tradtional bowhunting lease shooting only mature bucks and does is an awesome concept. Even if I don't get to do it I wish you guys the best of luck!
Mike Davenport

Offline suzie_shooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2010, 10:33:00 PM »
i live in southern pike county p.m. me the info on the landowner and farm and i most likely will be able to tell you about the farm and potential of it. i know 90 percent of the land here and a general idea of whats on it and if its worth the money
Whack'em Track'em and Pack'em

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2010, 10:37:00 PM »
Guys, I am sorry to report that the concept of a hunting club will not be happening this season.  I simply have not found the right tract of land as of yet.  I will continue to search, and will hopefully be able to get it together for next season.  Thank you all for your interest, and I will surely keep you guys posted.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©