3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Big Jim's Bows Pictures 400+  (Read 3676 times)

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
Big Jim's Bows Pictures 400+
« on: March 03, 2010, 08:36:00 PM »
I don't know what happened but the Photobucket slideshow does not work? Maybe to many images maybe entry error? I just don't know so until I figure it out this link will get to the images of Jims Bows...

Sorry for the error..

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/coaster500/Big%20Jims%20Bows/?start=all      

This whole thread started because I want one of Jim's Bows and saved pictures to help me decide what woods I wanted. Well the Twin Thunderchilds are here and I could not be more pleased. It's raining here so I am shooting at 10' in the house but I love the feel of these bows. The first thing I notice is they carry a little more mass weight than other bows I've held like this. I like it and well the woods are drop dead gorgeous!!
After I shoot them a bit I'll add to this post but right now I can't quit holding and staring at them. The Tiger Myrtle, Crotch Walnut and Sheep Horn accents, give me the feeling of real quality. We decided to reverse the woods so that we could show the best of both.

They are 56" 45&50@28

Well done Jim, Well Done!!!

Thank You

They are in the slideshow            :)            But here is a peak....

I just noticed they will be the 300th picture in the show:)

Great Job Jim I Love the Twins....

I have been looking at Jim's bows for a long time. I have searched and saved quite a few pictures of his great looking bows to get ideas for my own.

Well I now have two bows on order from him.

There have been some posts asking for pictures so I asked Jim if I could post a slide show. He said yes so here it is.

Click on the link. When the page comes up there in an icon in the upper right side of the page that says SLIDESHOW. Click and enjoy...I do, I think it makes the wait go by faster                       :)                      

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/coaster500/Big%20Jims%20Bows/?albumview=slideshow
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Big Jim's Bows Pictures 400+
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 09:18:00 PM »
Kip, you're starting to sound like me now!  I've got 2 on order and I'm getting ready to order my 3rd.  I think for this one I'm gonna tell him to use the ugliest wood he has (Big Jim doesn't have any ugly wood) because I'll probably have him dip it.  

So what did you order buddy??!!
Chasing my kids and my degree for now but come next fall the critters better look out.  ;)

Offline helo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 09:31:00 PM »
Thanks for the show those are some great looking longbows that one on the porch is beautiful ! Thanks for the temptation.   :thumbsup:

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 09:39:00 PM »
WOW!!!  Great Job on the all the pics!!!  If I were Catholic I'd have to go to confession tomorrow!!   :eek:    :bigsmyl:
Chasing my kids and my degree for now but come next fall the critters better look out.  ;)

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 09:50:00 PM »
Kenneth,

This has been a long time coming for me. Jim is building me twin Thunder Child TDs, identical in materials.

Can’t wait …..
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline Flt Rck Shtr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 09:56:00 PM »
Excellent slide show, I have one on order too. Can't wait to get it !!
Chinese Proverb: Never remove a fly from a friends forehead with a hatchet...

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 10:04:00 PM »
Man.  A GA boy and I still aint put one in my hand.  Those bows look awesome.  Big Jim if I bring you some chow chow would you get me a bow built by hunting season.  :campfire:
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 10:20:00 PM »
Kip,  that sounds great!!  I really love the Buff bow!!  The grip fits me really well, it draws very smooth and feels about 5 pounds lighter in draw than it actually is, it's dead in the hand and quiet, and it really smokes an arrow!!  But part of me is wanting to try the Thunderchild in the 56" version.  Luckily I have plenty of time to think about it.  Choosing the woods really is the hardest part though with Jim because as soon as you think you got it figured out he'll get another order of some of the most beautiful wood you've ever seen in!!  I'm trying to get all my orders in now because pretty soon Big Jim is gonna be backed up big time!!  Best bow I've ever shot for me!!!!

Offline dave19113

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 07:07:00 AM »
Thanks coaster500 ....This is the type of thread I was looking for.... now my problem is, just when i thought i found the wood i was gonna settle on, I see this pic/wood it is awesome:

Can anyone tell me what type of wood this is and what the differences are in Big Jims models?.... His old website gave descriptions I think but its not up anymore....

My bow I want is a 1pc left handed either a 58" or 60" @66# @ 27" (my draw)....
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 09:00:00 AM »
This is tiger myrtle and walnut. Sweet looking wood.
1 and 2 piece buffalo bow - no difference. If I sent you a two piece assembled and didn't tell you, you may never know it was a two piece.

3 piece- can have a sleaker riser or one a little more fancy like a recurve. Grip is a little higher and can be made much higher. Performs same.

ThunderChild- short bow with all the traits of my buffalo except short. Silent and quick as a hic-cup as are the rest.

If you have a hard time deciding on the model, your in bad shape when it comes to choosing the wood combo's!!!  I do it on purpose.   :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Offline dave19113

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 10:24:00 AM »
Thatsells it then!!!!!! Thats my wood!!!!!!!!

Thanks BigJim

I PM'ed ya on the other details
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Offline Dave Thaxton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2010, 10:27:00 AM »
Hey, I saw my Bocote Baby in there!!
Great bows and bowyer!
64"55@28 Kohannah Flatbow
60"53@28 Robertson Peregrine
68"45@28 Howard Hill Redman

Offline KentuckyWolf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2010, 11:47:00 AM »
Jim...is it possible to stain tiger myrtle so that it is a little darker?
Black Widow PSA III 54@28
Black Widow PLX 54@28

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2010, 11:49:00 AM »
That Bocote is hard to beat  :)  The sap wood in the Coco, the tiger myrtle and walnut are excellent all great choices, those ? (Cedar maybe) limbs look like they are on fire  :)  

Like I said Jim makes some pretty bows  :)

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2010, 02:35:00 PM »
Dang it Kip now you got me interested in the idea of a ThunderChild to match my Macassar and Zebrawood 2pc.  But I also made the mistake of looking at that slideshow and all that pretty wood now my brain is all scrambled!   :confused:    :biglaugh:

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2010, 02:50:00 PM »
Is that tiger myrtle native to the US.  I like Walnut alot.  That's a nice combo.
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2010, 03:30:00 PM »
I don't know about tiger myrtle but myrtle is native here in California.
This is some myrtle that I found here in San Luis Obispo. The tree was found in a local creek and milled. I took the pictures with my phone sorry.

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2010, 04:01:00 PM »
Well right there's your twins Kip!  That is absolutely beautiful!!!

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2010, 10:02:00 AM »
Up for Big Jim's Bows............

Offline chanumpa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2010, 12:07:00 PM »
Cool man, and my new buffalo bow was in the slide show.It is the one made for T.J.with the scalloped birdseye maple limb veneers.Shoots as good as it looks too.Sure am glad that T.J. wanted a 3 peice and sold it to me.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©