3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Big Jim's Bows Pictures 400+  (Read 3675 times)

Offline kibok&ko

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Big Jim's Bows Pictures 400+
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2010, 01:11:00 PM »
Originally posted by amar911:

Originally posted by kibok&ko:
Beuatiful bow !!

i'm slowly falling in love with this one

Slowly? What's the matter with you? Afraid of commitment?    :bigsmyl:  

Allan [/b]
something like that, but mostly more afraid by my banker ...
save a cow eat a vegetarian !

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2010, 11:22:00 PM »
Here is Ryan's thread he is the proud owner of the above Big Jim's Thunder Child   :)   This little gem is only 52 inches long. It was a special order for Ryan's 25 inch draw......I have one ordered that is 56 inches long .....

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=086908;p=1
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline rnharris

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2010, 12:04:00 AM »
one of the best longbows i have shot,his buffalo bows just shoot great!

gonna get on the list soon!i am fortuate enough to own a two pcs bought it used i am sold on his bows!

the two pcs bow against the tree in the slide show is my bow and tree lol
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2010, 08:54:00 PM »
Added, Big Jim shooting 86# longbow
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2010, 12:10:00 AM »
Coaster- I've been looking at that picture and can't believe that I'm still  holding that bow back at full draw.LOL

just a fyi-- I am going to be picking up a fairly large supply of Black and white ebony on Friday(same woods in the bow pictured above).
Large supply is relative. Unfortunately none of it is dalmation.

thanks, bigjim
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2010, 11:29:00 AM »
Jim, just looking at you holding 86#s at full draw sent a searing bolt of pain from shoulder to brain  :)  

In my youth I pulled an 80 plus pound wheel bow just enough time to know I wanted to sell it  :)

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2010, 11:06:00 PM »
Just for the record (like it matters) but that was a 90lb. We had left my target bow (86lb) behind. Can't really tell the differece except that I think the 90lb makes my belly stick out farther when I shoot. LoL
I have so little time to shoot anymore that it takes a little stretching to get warmed up. I have moved a bag and a spare bow to my bow shop. Maybe I can take 15 minute breaks like when I had a real job. I could hone up on my shooting.

bigjim
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Offline helo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2010, 01:43:00 PM »
Never gets old looking at all these good looking bows! I need to just get on the list.  :archer:

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2010, 11:55:00 PM »
Jim with all the irons you have in the fire, I think it's amazing that you shoot at all  :)

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2010, 10:33:00 AM »
Two more builds and I am up.....man the wait is killing me:)

Offline featherhorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2010, 09:22:00 PM »
You want be dissapointed, I promise

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2010, 09:53:00 PM »
I just can't put my Buff bow down!  I just got 2 extra strings for it a few days ago and I already have one broken in and tuned, and will start on the other one tomorrow.
Chasing my kids and my degree for now but come next fall the critters better look out.  ;)

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2010, 07:54:00 PM »
Mines in the batch being built now. Been running to the Post office everyday I get a chance, with fingers crossed. I just Love the Slideshow! I'm planning on going to Denton Hill in July, and I'll be able to meet Big Jim in person, (and see what goodies he brings along!). I want a 2pc Thunder Child next, so maybe he'll have one I like, if not I'll get to go over what I want with him in person. Life is good when a man can have that Xmas anticipation feeling at 51 years old, in May no less!! I Love it!
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2010, 01:11:00 AM »
I'm with you Danny  

Make sure you shout out when you get yours because that's one more build closer to mine ....

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2010, 11:58:00 PM »
Getting closer  ;)

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2010, 12:53:00 AM »
New Pictures added !!

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2010, 02:51:00 PM »
TTT

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2010, 12:41:00 AM »
TTT

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2010, 09:25:00 AM »
Kip,I don't know who is resonsible for Jim's slideshow but it is a Masterpiece.When I talked with Jim he's sure pushing a lot of credit your way ,so well done my friend.Jim's sure proud of it!
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2010, 12:04:00 PM »
Thanks Steve, it all happened because I was trying to choose my own woods. With subject matter like Jim's Bows it was fun. Once I had all the pictures the slideshow was a no brainer.  I’m glad Jim likes it and maybe it helped a few others like me in the order process and the build wait?

Who says knowing someone with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is all bad   :help:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©