3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: safari tuff quivers and packpacks  (Read 457 times)

Offline Jon Paulding

• Trad Bowhunter
safari tuff quivers and packpacks
« on: March 03, 2010, 11:26:00 PM »
For those of you who have used the Safari Tuff Quiver from Rod Jenkins in an elk hunting -type environment- how does it ride with a backpack? I hunt elk in the mountains of Utah and need a full day pack for gear. Does it ride well and in the same position as it would without a pack? Does it fall off the shoulder or ride out of position? i would appreciate any and all feedback on this quiver. Thanks for your thoughts, Jon

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: safari tuff quivers and packpacks
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 11:50:00 PM »
Atually I think it rides as good or better with a pack on than without it.  The pack makes the quiver lay right up tight next to it and there is no flopping around at all.  It is a GREAT pack for the mountains and crawling around in thick cover.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline GMMAT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 12:05:00 AM »
I'm gonna piggy-back....and ask someone to post a photo of them using the ST this way.  I'd love to do it.

Also...can you get ahold of an arrow, quickly?

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 12:24:00 AM »
Fully loaded Eberlestock Blue Widow and Safari Tuff.  Great combination!

PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 12:32:00 AM »
Whip is right!  I've used the Arrowmaster quiver the last two seasons with one of Bison Gears biggest and finest packs...and it rides securely, quietly, and arrow-ready.

Rod has a winner!!!
Lon Scott

Offline flatlander37

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 01:20:00 AM »
Good post.  I've been considering purchasing one also, and this is good information to have.
"Better to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"-Abe Lincoln

Offline GMMAT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 06:46:00 AM »
Whip:

Are you RH or LH?

If RH....is the quiver ever in your way (as shown)?  It just gives the appearance it would be "flopping around".  I know you better than that.....lol.  I guess I'm asking if it's secure, as shown.

Thanks, again, Joe.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 07:12:00 AM »
Joe is rt handed...
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 07:58:00 AM »
i love my arrowmaster and duiker quivers - the fit and function are the best i've ever had for a non-bow quiver.

IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 08:02:00 AM »
The top of the quiver rests against the pack, and that seems to prevent it from swinging around.  The quivers also come with a small carabiner attached to the lower part of shoulder strap and is designed to be attached to your belt to prevent swinging.  But I don't have a problem with that, so rarely use the carabiner, even without a pack on.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member

Offline akdd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 08:09:00 AM »
I have just been strapping mine to the side of my pack. It rides just a little higher and a little tighter to the pack that the one in Whips picture. Never have had any problems getting arrows out of it or of it getting in the way when I am shooting.

Offline Clinglish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2010, 09:21:00 AM »
Hey Whip , it looks like the deer your looking for is hiding in your pack:)
I love Bowhunting!!!!
Hunting for Bows that is   ;)

Offline Buckwheaties

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2010, 09:54:00 AM »
To those who own both the Arrowmaster and the Duiker. Are the only differences the duiker doesn't have the big pocket and smaller in diameter? Does the Duiker have foam in the cup for broadheads? and the water exit tube? I want to carry 4 2blade BH's and a couple Judo's. Is the smaller Duiker worth the size savings or should I go w/ the Arrowmaster? I kinda like the pocket? (In your opinion naturally..)
"Don't listen to what they say, watch what they do."

Offline Crash

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2010, 10:06:00 AM »
There always has to be someone who takes the other side and it's going to be me this time.  I tried to like the quiver and carrying a treestand or small backpack was not convenient.  If you look at the picture, there isn't room for the natural swing of the right arm because the quiver is there.  I couldn't get used to it no matter what I tried.  Some people love them, some not so much.  It may be tied to what you are used to or some idiosyncracy that is hardwired into your brain.

Disclaimer:  I love bow quivers: handiest, quickest, quietest, coolest, most convenient way to carry arrows.
"Instinctive archery is all about possibilities.  Mechanist archery is all about alternatives. "  Dean Torges

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2010, 11:53:00 AM »
I've elk hunted in CO and NM with mine.  Used it in a few other places with day pack, backpack, treestand, etc.  I even use mine for 3-D tournaments.

All in all, it's the absolute best all-around quiver I've ever used.  I've spent a small fortune trying different ones, and from my viewpoint the Arrowmaster has all the good and none of the bad.

Chad

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2010, 06:23:00 PM »
Originally posted by Buckwheaties:
To those who own both the Arrowmaster and the Duiker. Are the only differences the duiker doesn't have the big pocket and smaller in diameter? Does the Duiker have foam in the cup for broadheads? and the water exit tube? I want to carry 4 2blade BH's and a couple Judo's. Is the smaller Duiker worth the size savings or should I go w/ the Arrowmaster? I kinda like the pocket? (In your opinion naturally..)
i own both quivers.  the duiker is noticeably lighter, a little less arrow capacity, has a foam broadhead stopper w/no water drain hole, and no pocket.  i like them both, but i think the arrowmaster is just a tad more versatile.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©