3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ABS Super Glove Break-in time  (Read 311 times)

Offline bowfiend

• Trad Bowhunter
ABS Super Glove Break-in time
« on: March 04, 2010, 06:32:00 PM »
I just picked up one of the "color mix up" Super gloves on sale from ABS. It's the first time I've used a cordovan glove and I can't feel the string at all. The website suggests a two week break-in period.

What's been your experience with breaking in these gloves?

Not being able to feel the string really freaks me out and gave me a bit of target panic. I was limiting my first practice session with that glove to 10 yards and I was grouping, but felt like I could just as easily been missing.

As always, thanks for the input.
Is it September yet?!

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: ABS Super Glove Break-in time
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 07:07:00 PM »
100 arrows or so. They do take a little while to get the hang of. I shot one for several years and still have one. I shoot a tab now though. Once the cordovan starts flexing it will feel a lot better.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 07:54:00 PM »
I love mine!

First thing I do is turn each finger inside out and trim the seams closer to the stitching(not easy), makes them way more comfortable....

Then I dress the deerskin part with pitch-blend...

Then after a day for the dressing to soak in, I start shooting it. It'll take a while to get used to, but given time you'll have a better release off the cordovan....
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 10:15:00 PM »
I had one but my fingers seemed an inch longer.The tip Guru posted would have helped that I`m sure. I`ve settled on the dura glove three rivers sells. No break in period. I like the Skookem as well.RC

Offline bowfiend

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 10:25:00 PM »
Thanks for the info and the suggestions. I'll try the pitch blend and trimming for sure.

RC - I've been using the dura glove and like it, so I have a good back up if I can't get this thing to work.
Is it September yet?!

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 06:14:00 AM »
Yep, what Curt said. I had to trim the inside of one of the fingers on mine. There was so much extra material in it, that it hurt my finger to shoot.

Once I got it trimmed and treated with Montana Pitch Blend, the break in was pretty quick.

You will never feel the string with it the way you can with the 3R Dura Glove though.

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 06:46:00 AM »
Like RC said, my fingers seemed an inch longer. I cut the very tips off the fingers, put a couple drops of S.glue to hold the stitchin. Then I gave it away, must work good, the kids been shootin for 2 years and loves it.

Eric

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©