3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How to draw from a backquiver  (Read 1010 times)

Offline NW Jamie

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How to draw from a backquiver
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2010, 11:32:00 AM »
Originally posted by Rob DiStefano:
i agree jerry - a properly designed and used back quiver is the fastest on a reload.  in that it's got all the other quiver types beat, imo.  

however and imho, the rest of a back quiver's functionality is just dismal compared to other quiver types, including a bow quiver.  

the best overall use of a backquiver was presented in an iam article by scott toll ...

Rob,
Thank you for posting these great pictures, hope you don't mind that I have saved them off to my computer for future reference. I have a side quiver that yes does, IMO, have more functional advantages than the back quiver; however, after seeing these pictures and Jerry’s instructional tips there is a compelling pull to go back to using a back quiver. Sometimes newer and more functional just may not be what makes me feel at home in the woods. Something about a back quiver and possibles bag seems right.
Great post Jerry, thank you.
Regard’s,
Jim

Offline gregk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2010, 09:13:00 PM »
Thanks for the tips.  :campfire:

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2010, 09:57:00 PM »
Going through brush is much easier if you slide the quiver under the bow arm and snug down with your elbow as Jerry says....like this

The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©