3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bad shoulder  (Read 796 times)

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bad shoulder
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2010, 12:10:00 AM »
Good luck Stan. After hanging drywall and framing for 15 years, I'm hoping I don't have to experience shoulder problems. Let me know if I can help at all.
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline Hud

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • 360-921-5779
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2010, 01:30:00 AM »
I am rehabing an impinged rotator cuff, and have not shot period for several months. The Doc said, ignoring the pain caused by the impingment, would eventually end in a tear. I think, their diagnosis is correct and have committed to following their instructions to strengthen the rotator cuff and avoid any further stress to that area. It feels better after several weeks of limited exercise for the rotator cuff.  It may sound strange, but exercising the deltoid muscle is exactly what I should not do, as it makes the problem worse.

I am not qualified to give advise, but if it were me, I would follow their advise, or get a second opinion. Trying to live with the pain, or working through it, just wasn't working. I tried that for two months.

Good luck, Barry
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Silent Arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2010, 03:29:00 PM »
How does rotator cuff tendonitis differ from rotator cuff tear in terms of symptoms?  I injured my shoulder last fall.  It hasn't gone away.  Yet I full mobility and otherwise doesn't seem nearly as severe as what I've read about a torn rotator cuff.

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2010, 03:45:00 PM »
I am not going to tell you what is wrong with your shoulder, but if it is still working some and shows pain the next day, it is not totally locked up.  Chiropractors and homeopathic supplements have saved my shoulders more than once from wear and tear strains.  My wife is just recovering successfully from a shoulder and snow shovel complication, with the same regime that I followed. When my shoulder went bad one year I started swing drawing the bow up to target more before I began my straight back part of the draw and kept my arms closer to my body.  the difference has the same effect as if you to pick up a bucket at arms length or right along your side. Also, one year my wife started drawing her bow so that it was pointing below the target and then she would raise the bow after she was at full draw.  This put stress on her shoulders and caused pain.  the fix was to get her to swing draw the bow all the way up to the target and then finishing with a short straight draw on target. This also increased her rabbit killing consistent accuracy out to 45 yards, which I still find disturbing.

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2010, 04:33:00 PM »
I've had pain in my right shoulder for a couple years. I have no idea what it is, it's just a dull ache. I'm curious as to what you guy's do for stretching or warming your shoulders up before you shoot?  Thank's, Jason

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©