3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anyone Ever Glue Material to Their Glove Tips for Protection??  (Read 320 times)

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
Hey all,

I read or heard somewhere that some people take their gloves and glue nylon webbing material (the kind of stuff camera straps and so on are made out of) on the tips to give them more protection and a slicker release.

I have been looking for the "perfect" glove and have not found it yet and am thinking of giving this a try.  The best glove I have tried yet is a DAMASCUS glove, but boy it is really lacking on protection.  I couldn't use it anymore after about 4 or 5 months and I only shoot 45 pound bows.  An idea like gluing material to the tips might work well for a Damascus glove.

I wanted to see if there were many people that do this or have tried it.  If you do it or have tried it, how do you like it and what material do you use?  Also do you just SuperGlue it in place or what kind of glue do you use?  Lastly, if you glue it in place doesn't the glue harden and make the tips not flexible anymore?

Thanks for the help and sorry for the FLURRY of questions there at the end.

Nalajr

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anyone Ever Glue Material to Their Glove Tips for Protection??
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 10:02:00 PM »
Barge cement-get it at 3R
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 10:27:00 PM »
Or, you could just buy an American Leathers Big Shot glove.

Offline doeslayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 10:29:00 AM »
You should try the Tred Barta glove from 3Rivers. I have shot alot of gloves and I really like that one

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 11:28:00 AM »
You could try a tab.The bearpaw is what I prefer and I have tried all kinds of gloves
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 11:34:00 AM »
What about that newer black glove from 3R.
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 02:52:00 PM »
I don't see a new Black glove at 3R.  I know Kustom King has a Black Glove but it has a lot of Fleece in it.  I don't think that would work too well down here in South Florida most of the time.  My hand would be sweating something fierce with a fleece glove on.

Nalajr

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 05:37:00 PM »
I've seen a BearPaw Black glove but they are out of Germany.  The one Kustom King has looks like a nice glove, but one of their selling points for it is that it is fleece lined and keeps your hand warm.  I don't need anything to keep my hand warm down here in South Florida.

I don't know if the BearPaw glove from Germany is fleece lined, if it's not, I would like to try one.  Anyone know who sells the BEARPAW brand of gloves?

Nalajr

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 06:41:00 PM »
I just ordered one from NEET its the same thing I believe they took over.My local bow shop ordered it for me $20.00
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2010, 07:45:00 PM »
Okay- I could be mistaken, but there was one advertised in TBM last mag or so.  It looked really good for wear. . . have not tried it, but the ad did catch my eye.  There was a thread on it here a few months ago. If it is fleece lined, I guess I did not know that.
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2010, 07:47:00 PM »
Ok- found the link. I stand corrected it was kustom king and fleece lined. Sure looks like a great glove though. . .

http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=081695;p=1#000002

Offline Shooty1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 01:59:00 AM »
I just cut a piece of soft leather and slip it into the ring finger stall. It'll almost stay without the glue.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©