3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: bear vs. martin bows  (Read 320 times)

Offline RUTANDSTRUT

• Trad Bowhunter
bear vs. martin bows
« on: March 06, 2010, 09:21:00 AM »
i was looking at a martin mamba and a bear super kodiak.  any opinions or comments on either or how they compare.
thnx in advance

Offline bofish-IL

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: bear vs. martin bows
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 09:28:00 AM »
I don't know about comparison. I have used the same Mamba for 10 years now for my bowfishing bow. It has been in the water dozen of times while I was wading. It has been banged and bounced around the boat hundreds of times. Still shoots great. I did have to refinish the grip last year, it was worn down to bare wood from use in the mud and water.

I hunt with Black widows and while I feel the Black Widow performs better for the money the Martin line is hard to beat.
PBS  Member

Offline freefeet

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 09:51:00 AM »
Check the draw weight of Martin bows before you buy, they do under-rate them somewhat.  Other than that, i do like my two Martins, X200 and Hunter, never shot a Bear.
Shoes are a tax on walking...

...free your feet, your mind will follow!

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 10:19:00 AM »
Damon Howatt, not Martin, now makes the X-200, Hunter, Mamba, Dream Catcher, etc; and they will custom make the poundage to your draw length in any model you prefer. Their new website is out and they state this. Click on their trad bow line once on the page.

http://www.damonhowatt.com/    

I've been looking at the one piece 62" Hunter recurve and although DH says it will handle a 30" draw, I'm not so sure of it. I hate finger pinch so I'm very leery of 62" or shorter bows.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline raideranch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 12:38:00 PM »
DH/Martin bows are top notch.  The Mamba is probably the best bow for the price on the market.  You can get them off an auctions site new for around $300 and used off classifieds cheaper than that.   They are powerful and easy to shoot.  I’ve never owned a Super Kodiak but I have a K-Mag that does its designed job well.

Offline kuch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 01:59:00 PM »
i don't think you would be disappointed with either. both classic workhorses in my opinon.for me , the price/condition , poundage and grip would decide in that order.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©