3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Matt E, Thank You My Friend..  (Read 1905 times)

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Matt E, Thank You My Friend..
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2007, 07:47:00 PM »
Take your time Mickey, they are not cane shafts:)

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2007, 09:51:00 PM »
boy oh boy I have only seen cane shafts on here never seen them in real life.

they look awesome as far as I can tell sounds like matt is one heck of a nice guy..

The reason I havent seen any is because it doesnt grow here really wish it did though..

you guys are very talented on making arrows!!!
St. Joe River Bows

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2007, 07:42:00 PM »
Matt, your care package went out this AM. Enjoy:)

Offline Matt E

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2007, 05:13:00 PM »
Roy, my wife and I are looking forward to trying your gift..........
  I am fortunate to have cane of excellent quality and more than I could ever use. I don't mind sharing with those that don't have any. I have obtained a lot of information from others here on this forum.I try to repay others with my surplus. I have an abundance of cane and bow wood as well but no good stone. I rely on those that do.Every one has been generous in sending me good stone.I can't even name all the people here that have sent me stone. Thanks

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2007, 05:40:00 PM »
Matt do you knap?
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline Matt E

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2007, 08:17:00 PM »
I do a little knapping I made two heads a couple of days ago for a pair of arrows I plan on sending to friends.When I finally got access to the forums, I realised I wasn't up to par. I read what other knappers were saying and followed their lead. I can't tell you how much it helped me.Rod Parsons,whom I met on the forums, sent me the book,"Flintknapping" by John Whittaker. I then made a quantum leap in my knapping. I am not ashamed to show my heads now, although I still have a long way to go  :)

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2007, 08:50:00 PM »
Matt, I have not gotten into knapping as of yet. I suppose that will be my next quest, after bone points.. However I do have a friend that is very good at it. I would be happy to get some stone heads from him and gift them to you, just because I want to Ole Boy. Or I could get you and my friend hooked up via this Internet, and you both could exchange info. Then both 2 of yunzs could tell Ole Roy how to do it:)

Offline Matt E

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2007, 04:59:00 PM »
Thats mighty thougthful of you Roy but you should keep the heads. Mine arn't so great but I can make them. You might want to put those heads on the shafts I sent you.By-the-way! Your gift arrived today. I just got home and haven't even opened it yet but you can bet your last dollar I will as soon as I finish this note. :)
Thanks Pal!

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2007, 08:04:00 PM »
posted May 03, 2007 04:59 PM by Matt: I just got home and haven't even opened it yet but you can bet your last dollar I will as soon as I finish this note.  
Thanks Pal!  

Well it is 8:04 PM here in Pa and Ole Matt must be sitten back right about now with a big grin on his face and sweat runnen off his forehead   :bigsmyl:   I can see it now, he had cat fish for dinner covered in hot sauce and washed it down with some smooth white wine. Poor Ole Boy is prolly in bed now:)

Your welcome my friend. Roy

Offline Matt E

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2007, 08:51:00 PM »
You were close but"no cigar",tomorrow nights fish night. Its Crappie and Bass that I caught today. :)  I sampled your wine and it was pretty darn good, just right for a dinner wine.It wasn't to sweet and wasn't to dry. You made a good  table wine. I haven't  sample the sauce yet.When I opened the package,I thought  was going to need a cutting torch to get into it. You had it sealed tighter than Fort Knox.  :)

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2007, 09:24:00 PM »
LOL Matt, I messed up and forgot to write, "open other end" on both ends:) I have done that to a few folks:) But I did not want to confuse a good Ole Southern Boy who was so kind hearted to me:) But, maybe next time:)

Yup, the wine is good stuff, thanks for the kind words. But yer gonna LOVE the Hot Sauce.. I Promise:) Ah heck go try it now..

Offline Matt E

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2007, 07:40:00 AM »
Roy,I bet you failed geography class in high school. You don't know south from north. I am a northerner Pal, I live in "NORTH" Carolina. I would like to move further south for the warmer climate,  I was thinking somewhere Like South Dakota.  :)

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2007, 08:09:00 AM »
ROTFL

The-geographically challenged- but knows THAT ain't right-Ferret
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2007, 08:27:00 AM »
LOL - not  even  right!   "[dntthnk]"  Matt's having a senior moment and/or his little jokes - I told you his friends told me not to let him get started with his jokes  :p
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Matt E

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2007, 10:08:00 AM »
Bernie, I bet you never repeated yourself before? Talking about a senior moment,A good joke is worth telling twice.L.O.L........ I have you to know that I am your junior so be instructive and kind! :)
I still like you, you old codger!  :)

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2007, 08:54:00 PM »
Matt, Cut the BS:)

Did ya try the hot sauce? :)

Offline Matt E

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2007, 09:57:00 PM »
Roy I tried it tonight. I can describe it in one word, WOW. It is hot but I like spicy foods as long as they don't blister my tongue. I am glad you didn't make it any hotter.Just like your wine pal, mighty fine. I got my wife to try it and she liked it as well and that ain't no BS. You may have missed your calling. Look out "K.C. masterpiece" there is a new gun in town!  :)

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2007, 07:23:00 AM »
I glad to hear that , Matt!

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2007, 07:29:00 AM »
I glad to hear that, Matt!

(  :rolleyes:    :D  )

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2007, 06:10:00 PM »
Is there an echo in here??
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©