3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What is the best broadhead...2, 3, or 4 blade?...the experts speak...well maybe not;)  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Doug in MN

• Trad Bowhunter
Very Nice Chris, that brought a big smile to my face.

And that little piggy went to the grill !!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Way to go Chris!

Not really an equipment tread here guys, not really about 2.3,4 blades...this is about gettin' it done!

A much needed hunting thread on TG!

More Kwyk Styk magic    :thumbsup:

Looks like the Morin "Hi-breed"  did a fantastic job as well    :thumbsup:  

I'd love to hear a little more about the hunt bud    :pray:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
"...this is about gettin' it done" and 99% of the time it just doesn't matter which one you picked....

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Let me guess...

Black pig...3bl. VPA

Red pig...4bl Simmons

Brown pig...2 blade

how'd I do?
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Ar lineman

• Trad Bowhunter
The bigger one could be a manbearpig!  :D
Its never crowded on the "extra mile"!

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Come on Chris.... which one is deader?
  :D
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
Spot on Curt   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

I'll just say this Charlie none of them made over 20 yards.

Here is a little bit of the story and then I have to get back to studying. I have finals tomorrow:(

Offline COOCH

• Trad Bowhunter
I say reverse the red & black pigs thats my guess.Nice going Chris Well done   :thumbsup:
Jeff Couture

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
You have too much time on your hands Chris....you shouldn't be hunting so much! ROFF...

Nice going Pal...christen the new bow I see..  :scared:
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
:notworthy:    :notworthy:  

Bill

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
This all started about a week ago. A good buddy of mine loves to hunt waterfowl. He kept telling me about all the hogs he was seeing across the beaver pond. Now we have killed hogs in areas that are easy to access but they are few and far between and almost always at last light.

We decided to follow a pig trial through the swamp and found a easy access point across to what we call the peninsula.

Trail cams went out and a couple days later we had a pattern. About 0830 we headed across the swamp and walk right into pigs bedded on the edge. Couple of good shots and we had pigs down.

The decision was made to quickly scout and see what we were dealing with. There was an instance path of destruction that lead us into several more pig bedding areas.

Out we went and made plans to come back the next evening. Again we ran into pigs and put a few more on the ground. After a long night of hauling pork across the swamp we gave it a rest for the day.

Offline NY Yankee

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Wooden Bows, Wooden Arrows and 2-Blade Broadheads
Nice thing about a 2 blade? Only 2 blades to sharpen and a file or Accusharp tool will do the job. Nice thing about 3 blades? easy to sharpen. Just lay the head flat on what ever file or stone you are using. Nice thing about 4 blades? Most of them are replaceable blades and come sharp from the factory. All you gotta do is swap 'em out for new ones.
"Elk don't know how many feet a horse has!"
Bear Claw Chris Lapp

Offline Arrowslinger

• Trad Bowhunter
Nice meeting you today Chris.     :thumbsup:
Keep It Simple

Jeff Kitchens

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Surtees:
Spot on Curt     :readit:  

Good Luck on your tests      :thumbsup:
Curt } >>--->   

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by Guru:

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Surtees:
Spot on Curt     :readit:  

Good Luck on you tests      :thumbsup:  
X2
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
Thursday we all make plans to come in late for work. Again we cross the swamp at 0830 and make our way deeper into the bedding areas. Keeping the wind in our face we spread out and start a slow deliberate stock. After about fifteen minutes I hear a pig squeal from taking an arrow from my buddy on the left. Almost at the same time the black pig appears out of thin air and before I know it an arrow appears in his goodies. He makes a death run in a circle and almost dies right were I shot her. At this point pigs are moving all through the brush and squeals from pigs being shot are coming from my left and right. Then red steps out from the thicket and instantly takes an arrow. I can not even guess how long this lasted but it was one of the most exciting hunts I have ever had.

It takes us until noon to get them out and we pile them on the back of my Jeep since it was easier for me to call in.

We decided to head back in that evening again. We crossed the swamp at 1730 and push even further into the bedding areas and once again repeated the same thing as the morning. The brown rooter came running by me and then stopped about 5 yards away to check me out. This does not happen very often so I made the best of the situation when she turned quartering away getting ready to bolt. The arrow took her perfectly and she only made it about 15 yards before going down.

We decided to give the area a rest for the weekend in hopes that we can get another couple of hunts out of it before we push the sounders to another section of the swamp.

When it was all said and done I ended up taking 6 rooters over 4 days.

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
Well since I am not much of a writer decided to finish this one off tonight. Much short than I thought it would be.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Wow! Now that's a honey hole!
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Longbow Jake

• Trad Bowhunter
You could name that spot hog heaven great shooting   :archer:  .
Death Before Dinner.  God is my camera man.   I Love Motorcycles and I Love Bow Hunting But I don't Mix The two I don't put wheels on my Bows

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©