3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Footed Carbons and Spine?  (Read 1242 times)

Offline mikecc

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Footed Carbons and Spine?
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2007, 08:26:00 AM »
I've been playing around with it for awhile on easton axis arrows. Don't use anything but JB weld or when you do hit something hard the aluminum will slide back a little. It works to strengthen the tip but I've noticed now my shafts break about 2" from the nock if I hit a rock.

Offline flatlander37

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2007, 10:29:00 AM »
Hey guys, any comments on how long the "foot" is supposed to be?
"Better to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"-Abe Lincoln

Offline bjk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2007, 10:29:00 AM »
When I do it, I'll do two inches in the front and a half or so at the nock...on the Beman/Axis arrows I find they have three weak points, the point end, right behind the insert, the nock end.  

Try it and see what your results are...breaking two inches form the nock seems strange, but who knows what happens when high speed meets unmovable object.

Won't hurt, that's for sure.

Offline TJ Jones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2007, 01:28:00 PM »
I'm playing around with some Axis FMJ's 400s right now and found that a 1916 gave a snug fit. I cut one 4" long so that when I draw it comes up on the shelf. Wondered if it would act alittle like a tapered shaft or provide more flech clearance. Bareshafted just alittle weak at 29" with 100gr insert and 175gr point out of a 54lb @ 27" longbow cut to center. Haven't fletched it yet.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©