3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Checkmate Falcon and King's Pawn  (Read 257 times)

Offline Ssamac

• Trad Bowhunter
Checkmate Falcon and King's Pawn
« on: March 12, 2010, 10:20:00 AM »
For all you Checkmate shooters/fans:
Physically the Falcon is shorter than the King's Pawn but otherwise they look very similar. Is there much difference in the way they shoot or is the King's Pawn just made for a bigger person with a longer draw?

Thanks
sam

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Checkmate Falcon and King's Pawn
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 10:25:00 AM »
The KP is made for a longer draw, but they are also different bows.  I'd have to get Marc to explain the difference.  If you draw 29" or less, I'd go with the Falcon for a hunting bow.  If you are looking more for a target bow, the KP is going to be a little more forgiving.

Chad

Offline Ssamac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 12:12:00 PM »
Thanks Chad. I draw 27" and already have a falcon. Was thinking of getting a King's Pawn but the length seems over the top for me unless as you mention the bow is quite different. I'm more a 3d and hunting shooter.

sam

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 12:24:00 PM »
I couldn't say that you wouldn't like the KP, but with your draw length you'll definately get better performance from the Falcon.

Chad

Offline Ssamac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 01:32:00 PM »
Thank you. I have one 48#. Thinking of getting a little heavier and maybe the take down hunter model. Does the take down shoot a lot like the Falcon?

thanks
sam

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 01:43:00 PM »
The Hunters will perform very similar to the Falcon, but will feel different.  Being a take-down they are heavier (mass weight), at least with the same riser woods.

Marc is introducing a Hunter III that I think will be very popular--same limbs as the I and II, but a different riser.  It will be a little less deflexed than the II, and slimmed down a tad in the grip.

He's also introducing a new short "longbow" called the Beaver Creek.  It will be available in 56", 58", and 60".

I don't have pics of either one yet, but hope to soon.

Chad

Offline Ssamac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 02:02:00 PM »
Lot's of cool stuff. I'll watch your site. When will you be showing the new stuff?

Thanks
sam

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 02:32:00 PM »
Hard to say--got several glitches that need fixed, lots of pics that need added...we haven't made it a priority because of the wait time, and the bows sell like crazy anyway.

I hope to get some pics on my computer before too long, and hopefully get to work on my site soon.

Chad

Offline manyletters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 07:52:00 PM »
Here are some pics of the latest Hunter 3 that are currently in my possession but have already been spoken for!!

This one is my demo bow...his first one!!

This one is going to the Alberta Bowhunters Association awards banquet raffle...grey actionwood & purpleheart...nice eye candy!!

Offline K. Mogensen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 07:55:00 PM »
I'm gonna be lookin for that Beaver Creek. A 56 in. Longbow sounds pretty sweet!

Offline manyletters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 07:58:00 PM »
Pics of the Beavercreek will be up soon   :campfire:  wait for it...wait for it!!

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 08:24:00 PM »
That's a nice looking bow Dennis.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline manyletters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2010, 09:20:00 PM »
David...both of those are great lookin' bows...the pics really don't do them justice because they both shoot great on top of the eye candy...Marc is also looking at an ILF option for the Hunter 3...we are working closely together on that too!!   :thumbsup:

Offline manyletters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2010, 09:33:00 PM »
Here is a sneak preview of the Beavercreek 58"...this is a walnut riser with yew laminations and tamo ash veneers...I am going to get to shoot this in a week or so...I can hardly wait!!   :coffee:  

Offline K. Mogensen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 10:23:00 PM »
Wow. She's a looker. I hope my Raven looks that good, I'm sure it will. I'll be interested to here how it shoots...   :campfire:

Offline manyletters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2010, 11:15:00 PM »
Here is a pic I just received from marc with a rough bow unstrung and a finished one with a full length arrow for comparison!!

Offline Ssamac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2010, 11:17:00 AM »
Beautiful designs - all their bows look nice. I notice the handle on the Beaver Creek is very similar to the handle on the Falcon. I always say the Falcon is the closest thing to shooting a longbow in a recurve. What's amazing is that the Falcon is about half the size in thickness of limb and handle as most other 50# bows and yet shoots just as flat and fast. It's really a sweet bow.

Thanks for sharing these previews.

Sam

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©