3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bought Some Arrows  (Read 121 times)

Offline HUNT 24/7

• Trad Bowhunter
Bought Some Arrows
« on: March 12, 2010, 10:26:00 AM »
I had to buy some new arrows, my 30 year old aluminum arrows were a little bent & the knocks were broke off.
 I didn't want to spend a pile of money online & get a bunch of arrows that don't shoot worth a darn, so I bought 3 arrows from the local shop. The owner doesn't know anything about traditional archery but showed me according to the charts these arrows would work with my bow.

They are
400 EastonST Epic N-Fused carbon arrows 8.6 gpi
They are cut to 30"
5" sheild feathers
125 grain feild tips (that was the biggest he had)

I've only shot them out of my 45# recurve & they fly better than the old aluminum arrows, probably because of the bigger feathers.

Question is,
-Will these arrows work out of either of my bows? 70# & 45#
-Are they to light for trad bows?
-Can I make them heavier?
-Should I just take a chance on ordering online & hope they work?
-I really don't know crap about arrows, I just bought these because I did't have any.

P.S no traditional archery shops anywhere near me, have to buy online or special order.

Offline Paul Mattson

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bought Some Arrows
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 10:32:00 AM »
They will be to lite spined for you 70# bow.  They may be overspined for your 45# bow.  Since they are flying good keep them.  You can make them heavier by using 50 grn or 100 grn inserts.  Gold Tip wt adapters can also be used to bring up the point wt.  

I have several arrows and shafts to choose from on my website.  I will be glad to help you out.

Offline HUNT 24/7

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bought Some Arrows
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 07:01:00 PM »
Thanks badger, I've been looking at the Arrow Dynamics Traditional wood grain, I'm just nervous about spending $120 on arrows I haven't tried.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©