3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Pic's of my New MOAB!  (Read 1725 times)

Offline jesse cales

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Pic's of my New MOAB!
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2007, 02:04:00 PM »
sweet bow!!!!!

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2007, 04:16:00 PM »
could you post a pic of the MOAB strung??? thanks, mark
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2007, 04:53:00 PM »
Wll isn't that Jim Reynolds a tricky fellow.

Next time you see him or talk to him, ask him how he likes hot jerky   :biglaugh:
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2007, 05:09:00 PM »
WOOOFAAA!!!!

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2007, 05:12:00 PM »
I dont know about the jerky ( i love hot food) but that bow is some kinda hot...mark#78

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2007, 05:19:00 PM »
Mark at the W VA expo Jim came up to my son and I and offered us some jerky that he just bought. Apparently it was too hot for him. Got to admit it was pretty hot ha ha. I ended up buying a bag for myself from the vendor before we left. There's one piece left in the fridge. Trying to get up the nerve to eat it ha ha.
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline 2-BIG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2007, 09:34:00 PM »
Jim gave away food?  :scared:  I thought I knew him better than that!  :biglaugh:
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline joe vt

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2007, 08:02:00 AM »
That is one sick lookin' longbow!! WOW

While your taking another pic, can you post a even closer one of the arrow inlay?
~ joe vt  >>>~~~~~~~~>

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2007, 09:19:00 AM »
Ole Jim is gettin pretty good ain't he?    :rolleyes: ....   :D

I've told this story before but not for awhile. Around 1982 we had a longbow league going in Jims hometown before we formed the Michigan Longbow Association.  Jim was just getting into longbow shooting and one day he told me he wanted to make a longbow. He ask me how he should go about it. I told him there was a lot involved, that first he had to make a bow form, no small task, get laminations, riser woods and there would be a lot of trail and error before he produced his first usable longbow.

It was about a week or so when Jim showed up at league night and showed me a longbow. At that time there were only a few bow makers making longbows and I didn't recognize this one. When he told me that he made it I was flabbergasted    :eek:   I couldn't believe that he could have made such a good looking bow in such a short time.

That was the first indication of the Jims extraordinary talant.

Jim is not only a great bowyer but a very generous  person. I couldn't begin to guess how many bows he has made and donate to worthy causes over the years.

2-BIG, congratulations, you've got a great bow     :clapper:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline DTS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2007, 09:28:00 AM »
Beautiful bow.  What kind of wood are the limbs?

Offline Jim@ThunderStick

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2007, 01:04:00 PM »
Thanks for the kind words guys. Man that was a long time ago Ron. I remember that night very well. I'll never forget the thrill of shooting that first bow.[Glad you didn't look it over real close].Lots of water over the damn since then. Sure have met alot of great people and made many lifelong friends . Traditional people are as good as it gets.

DTS
The limb wood is tamo ash.

Offline 3Under

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2007, 02:26:00 PM »
Here another MOAB I got from Jim at the 2007 WV 'Expo

The bow is smooth, forgiving and quiet.  I 'm enjoying it very much. By the way Jim, Steve Turay told me what M.O.A.B. "Really" stands for!!(LOL)
PBS,KTBA,HCB,UBK

...  When thru the forest glades I wander and hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees, when I look down from lofty mountain grandeur and hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze, ...How great Thou art!

Offline 2-BIG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2007, 03:51:00 PM »
3Under, Steve is also a great bowyer as well as a heck of a nice guy. He makes the "Northern Missed" line of bows, as Jim calls them!  :biglaugh:
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline BobCo 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2007, 04:00:00 PM »
I second what Ron has said about Jim's character.
When Jim was making my MOAB, I got a call from Jim, he said that he got a small spinter of wood under the glass (it was black glass by the way) on the bow. He said it would not harm the bows performance in any way. But, he gave me two options, one was make him start over, the second was he would give me $50 off of the bow. I took the second.
When I got the bow, I looked and looked for the splinter. Never found it. I called Jim up and asked where it was. He told me, and I still honestly did not see it.

To me it was something that could have gone unoticed and not talked about, but Jim made it a point to tell me about it. Lots of honesty there.

Offline Jim@ThunderStick

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2007, 07:10:00 PM »
Hey 3 Under
That's no secret. Anybody that knows me at all knows I'm a much better builder thah operator.

Offline 3Under

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2007, 08:26:00 PM »
I'm not critizing, 'cause my arrows don't always hit where I want them too!!
PBS,KTBA,HCB,UBK

...  When thru the forest glades I wander and hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees, when I look down from lofty mountain grandeur and hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze, ...How great Thou art!

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2007, 08:28:00 PM »
Jim, very nice work...your bows are top notch...some of the prettiest wood combos Ive seen on a bow!  :thumbsup:

Offline 3Under

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2007, 07:54:00 PM »
I'll tell ya, someone (Jim Reynolds) who tells a joke on himself and then laughs with the rest of us is alright in my book.

Here's too ya Jim!!!
PBS,KTBA,HCB,UBK

Offline 3Under

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2007, 07:55:00 PM »
I'll tell ya, someone (Jim Reynolds) who tells a joke on himself and then laughs with the rest of us is alright in my book.

Here's to ya Jim!!!
PBS,KTBA,HCB,UBK

Offline 3Under

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2007, 07:57:00 PM »
Oh my goodness(or badness) I dumb thumbed it
PBS,KTBA,HCB,UBK

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©