3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Trad hunt in Zaleski state forest ohio  (Read 675 times)

Offline hydrasport205

• Trad Bowhunter
Trad hunt in Zaleski state forest ohio
« on: March 15, 2010, 10:14:00 AM »
hello all  I was just curious to see how many people would want to camp out at lake hope campground and have a trad hunt fri,sat and sun  sometime in october of this year..  they have electric hook ups   and a shower house really all that you need to camp out with..  I think it would be fun to meet some of you and enjoy hunting Zaleski forest..

Offline hydrasport205

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Trad hunt in Zaleski state forest ohio
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 02:08:00 PM »
???

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 04:33:00 PM »
Ill keep eye on this.A little early for now but we'll see.

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 04:50:00 PM »
hydrasport, have you hunted there before?  The reason I ask is that my buddies and I have hunted Zaleski for the past 30 years and have seen deer numbers drastically decrease.  The place pretty well gets pounded. And, they are logging the life out of the place--lots of complete clear cutting. We still do some hunts there from time-to-time more for old times sake than for the deer activity.  I would think KY has better places to hunt.  Of course, you may have an entirely different experience.  If so what would it take to get you to reveal (privately, of course,) your honey hole?    ;)
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline Buckeye Trad Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 06:19:00 PM »
Let me know if you decide to do this.  If I can get time I may just swing by even if just to meet some people.  I only live about 30 miles away from lake hope.

Online Missouri Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 06:22:00 PM »
I like the Kentucky idea. Been to South Fork and enjoyed the scenery.

Offline Hill Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 06:37:00 PM »
Look into the lake Vesuvios area in Larwence county area. not sure of spelling. lots of land within 10 mi.
Ps 8:3 ¶ When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
 4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

Offline bowmofo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 06:48:00 PM »
I'm thinking this may be fun. I'll keep an eye open on this one   :D
KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Offline sswv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 06:54:00 PM »
I'll keep an eye on this one myself   :archer:

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 07:09:00 PM »
I was thinking about a camp/hunt in Wayne Nat. Forest. They allow Dispersed Camping which would be good for getting back-in away from the crowds. 200,000 acres to get lost in. I'll be following this one.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline fredbear1969

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 08:23:00 PM »
i was planning on taking a trip down there this fall it would be way better to have some other people to camp with not sure where to go though but i will deifinitely keep my eye on this thread

Offline Joshua Long

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 08:52:00 PM »
I would be interested.  I am actually trying to sell my old house which is about 6 miles from there.  So I could check on the place and keep the wife happy.

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 09:07:00 PM »
I've hunted the area before.  We actually stayed in Lake Hope but spent most of our time hunting Tar Hollow State Forest and Sunday Creek Coal's property (maybe it was Monday Creek, I forget).  Anyway the first day I was there I didn't have alot of time so I went down along the stream that flows through Zaleski and clmbed a tree for a quick sit.  I saw the nicest buck I ever saw in that spot, probably only a hundred yards off the road.  I'll watch this thread, but doubt I can make it as most of my vacation days are already planned for the year...Mike

Offline Panzer II

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 09:12:00 PM »
I would be interested.

Offline hydrasport205

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 06:49:00 AM »
I have hunted there many of times but havent been hunted Zaleski in almost 7 years now.  Back then during bow season it wasnt crowded at all  at least where I was hunting, But like I said it has been almost 7 years  I do hunt 2 other farms that are in nelsonville and thats why I havent hunted  state land in a while.. anyway Im getting married the 2nd of October so that weekend is out..lol  unless I could convience her to go there for the honeymoon..lol  but I was thinking of either the 15th, 22nd or the 29th weekends to go..  mabye we could take a vote and see what would be the best  thanks

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 07:47:00 AM »
Ooooooooh, no, never get married in the beginning of bow season!  Hasn't anybody told you that   :eek:  You'll always have an ANNIVERSARY at the same time don't forget.  But seriously, congratulations and best of everything to you and your bride  :wavey:
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline hydrasport205

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 11:31:00 AM »
Thanks David I was wanting to  get married in the spring but then again fishing is good on lake cumberland here in the spring but oct 2nd was her idea not mine..lol

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 04:53:00 PM »
Originally posted by David Mitchell:
Ooooooooh, no, never get married in the beginning of bow season!  Hasn't anybody told you that    :eek:   You'll always have an ANNIVERSARY at the same time don't forget. :wavey:  
Tell me about it.........October 30th!!!  That one is tough, but I always seem to work things out.....at least the rut doesn't start for another 5 days or so.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Offline hydrasport205

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 08:17:00 PM »
22nd seems like a good weekend.. anybody?

Offline RunninWild77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2010, 10:21:00 PM »
Hey, I would like to go. not solid but things look promising for me. But I could definatly let you know in like a month or two.
Great Northern Firball 65@28
63' Hoyt Pro Hunter 49@28
74' Bear Kodiak Magnum 45@28 (my wife claims its hers now lol)
71' Bear Grizzly 40@28
70s ? Shakespeare Necedah 50@28

"Fast is nice, but accuracy is everything"-Wyatt Earp

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©