3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: double bull recurve  (Read 212 times)

Offline slayerrd

• Trad Bowhunter
double bull recurve
« on: March 15, 2010, 09:04:00 PM »
I'm thinking about ordering a double bull recurve blind and was wondering if anyone has had and experiences with these good or bad.

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: double bull recurve
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 09:08:00 PM »
All of my experiences have been good.  i am lucky that i have property where i can set my blind up and leave it.  My one piece of advice when you get it, practice putting it up and taking it down at home BEFORE you get to the woods.
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline lilbobby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 09:20:00 PM »
Good advice from rastman, mine is setting in a closet, turned "all-kind-a-ways".
Conny

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 10:04:00 PM »
Hey lilbobby!  Been there, done that!  Hope all is well with you!
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline AkDan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 02:22:00 AM »
they are nice...I shot my first longbeard out of a matrix 360 with a 66" longbow...I wouldnt hesitate to buy one...actually going to buy the darkhorse, sure wish they made the 360 still and primos sponsered it....cough cough!

Offline foxbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 05:52:00 AM »
I'd order it with the carbon poles. I've owned both, fiberglass and carbon, and the carbon saves enough weight to be noticed. Make sure it has the black interior too. The recurve model is the best one suited for traditional bows.
N/A

Offline Littlejake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 08:53:00 AM »
You will not regret buying one.Just pratice putting it up and taking it down,once you get it you can have it up in less that a minute.
Try and be the person your dog thinks you are...
PBS Regular Member

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 08:58:00 AM »
Practice shooting out of it whatever way you intend to have it setup also. IE screens up or down, multiple windows, etc.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Running Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 09:11:00 AM »
Good advise here, If you have a big yard or a place to shoot you can't get enough practice from a blind. Estimating yardage can be a challange at times. I keep a 15 yard piece of mason line in the pack and use it to put the turkey decoy out each time. This will help when you get birds coming in from behind you, I have shot over the backs of some birds that I thought were farther then they were. Instead of your camo use a black sweatshirt and black face mask (silk works good) if you open the blind up wide,this will help cover some of your movements.

Offline muley40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 09:31:00 AM »
Been using the Double Bull for 10 years, used 2 different models both made in MN.just sold my Matrix and bought a Darkhorse recurve only thing that I don`t like is Primos is having them made in China instead of the USA THAT SUCKS no jobs for Americans,
Independent Bow Hunter

Offline bushytail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 06:08:00 PM »
A friend has one,and we both hunted out of it with both of us useing longbows.Plenty of room.
Harold Wetzler

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 06:13:00 PM »
If you can get one of the originals that would be better IMO. They are great blinds but like mentioned above practice setting it up before going hunting. Also take some practice shot from it.

Offline La. bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 08:11:00 PM »
I love mine and have had no problems shooting out of it. I also agree that you need to practice setting it up in the backyard before you head to the woods its not hard but it does take some practice.
La. Bowhunter trad archery addict

Offline helo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 11:52:00 PM »
I also have to pratice setting it up. I actually marked one of the knobs with a marker to help me remember which one to push out first.

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 09:31:00 AM »
Personally I switched to Hidden Hunter Blinds. The DB's I loved went out out of production even before they were sold to Primos < I still have one but its getting pretty raggy looking. I don't think the quality of the Primo's blind is even close to what they were when they were made here.
Make a life, not a living

Offline indianalongbowshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 10:39:00 AM »
have heard complaints(OTHER ARCHERY FORUMS) about the new Dark Horses, rods breaking 2-3 at a time, tearing out of the pockets and also being too tight and the rods bowing and twisting...Primos told the guys w/this problem  to take their own rods out and cut them w/hacksaw.. sure not like it was when Brooks owned DB.
dean/indianalongbowshooter

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2010, 01:28:00 PM »
I have a brand new one and am experienceing a bit of that.  It is tight, certainly not as easy to put up as in the video, but not impossible either.  The rods are almost all a bit bent when all is up.  I figured it had to stretch out a bit.  

I have been opening it up on occasion to do that.
ChuckC

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©