3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Schafer Silvertip vs. BW PSA II vs. Kwyk Styk  (Read 1203 times)

Offline Gordon martiniuk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Schafer Silvertip vs. BW PSA II vs. Kwyk Styk
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2010, 10:53:00 PM »
no question for me a Kwyk Styk own 1 another comming soon ! I am on the list,,  :)    :thumbsup:
Gord

Offline Michael Arnette

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2010, 01:22:00 AM »
Silvertip over the BW hands down. I don't know on kwik styk. But thats just my 2 cents.

Offline soxbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2010, 08:58:00 PM »
I have a older widow, Great shooting bow. But shoot as many bows as you can before you buy, might find one out there thats magic in your hand.

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2010, 11:52:00 PM »
I had a Widow PSAIII built for me in 2004. Just had the draw weight reduced by six pounds. Within the past month I also test-drove a very well-sused Schafer Silvertip that was 2-3 pounds heaiver than I wanted.

The widow is solid, hefty, quiet, and shoots fine. However, I anxiously await my Silvertip (due in April 2011) more than any bow I've purchased. I can't explain it but he Silvertip looks and more importantly "feels" like a hunting machine! I think it is the "heft" and the grip?  It may also have to do with the bowhunter reputation of the founder of the Schafer line.

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2010, 03:14:00 AM »
Three tremendously different bows. Quick Styk is a static back mount, Black Widow working backmount and Silvertip is top mount working.

I would pick an Eagle Wing Talon.but hey I'm predjudiced (grin) Of those three I would be tempted to get the Quik Styk.

Offline L. E. Carroll

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2010, 01:33:00 PM »
Sixby

My Kwyk Styk is not a static tipped model, but actually a working recurve... having said that, I have recently added a few more Schafer's and love them, but again the 60" 58# Kwyk Styk  usually gets the call when I go "out the door" on a quest.  ;)  

Gene
Tall Tines R/C
64 Kodiak
69 Super Kodiak Big River replica
56" 55$# Static Tipped Kwyk Styk
Blacktail Elite
54 dual shelf Compass Kodiak

PBS Associate Member
Traditional Bowhunters of WA.

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2010, 09:09:00 PM »
What you don't have is the EagleWing Talon. (grin)You do have some very nice bows though. So many bows , so little time!!!!

Offline artelkhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2010, 10:17:00 PM »
Just bought a schafer ST with two sets of limbs from Mac Hicks, got the bow about three hours ago. I haven't shot it so I don't know yet. But if the bow shoots as good as it looks and feels I'm in the chips. Ive owned BW and they are FINE bows can go wrong with there equipment. I'm shooting a BW look a like made here locally that shoots very well. Its just a very proven destine. At the same time a just ordered a new schafer from Dave and Beth just before I got the one from Mac. Always whated one and got carryed away.

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2010, 10:19:00 PM »
I've bought several bows this year and have deposits down on 4 more. Had I been turned on to Schafer Silvertip and the Strickland "Stick" I would own fewer bows.  By the way, except for shootability, these two bows couldn't be more different from one another.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©