3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Black Widow  (Read 1202 times)

Offline Hunter 709

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Black Widow
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 09:39:00 PM »
I don't own a BW but have shot one and they are very nice.  They seem to come up used quite often on the classifieds for a decent price, especially the ones that are 10 or 15 years old. I've seen some sell for around the $500 mark, which seems about right.
Earl

"Now then, get your weapons, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me" Genesis 27:3

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2010, 09:43:00 PM »
A company that consistently has 10 year old recurves re-selling for $4-500 is not getting by on hype!  Try that with a compound!  :thumbsup:
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2010, 09:52:00 PM »
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2010, 09:52:00 PM »
I think I have the definitive answer. I questioned “HYPE” of the Black Widow just like you. So, I bought an older MAIII. It is a freaking nail driver. It is a way better bow then I am a shooter. If the old MAIII is this good I can't imagine what the new ones are like.
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Two things that can never be taken back...Harsh Words and Time, Wasted

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2010, 10:07:00 PM »
Hype?  There's been a little in the catalogs over the years--you'd be in for a challenge to find any advertising that didn't contain at least a little bit.  There are bow ads in magazines and on web sites with a whole lot more hype than the entire BW catalog has ever contained, at least that I've seen.

From my experience with them, the folks at BW are dang good people that provide great customer service, and Ken Beck will shoot it to you straight if you ask him if he thinks the BW bows are head and shoulders above any other good bow.

Are they "the" bow for everyone?  That's easy to check--look at any big archery classifieds.  Too many of them change hands to be perfect for every shooter.  I've owned two, shot many more, and don't own one now.  Can't say that I won't own another one of these days, but right now I don't have that burning desire to buy one, and wouldn't trade my current favorite for a new one.

The "try before you buy" program is great, but don't limit yourself.  Go to as many tournaments as you can--the bigger the better.  That's a great place to find vendors, and other shooters, who will let you try their bows.  Shoot as many as you can side-by-side and see how they compare.

Chad

Offline wihill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2010, 11:02:00 PM »
Great looking bow, shoots very well, and grows on you (well, at least mine did).  Never thought I'd have one, now I don't know if I'd part with my SA3.
Support the sport!

Offline yamaharider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2010, 11:12:00 PM »
As mentioned above, They have been in business too long to be just hype.  No such thing as "one bow fits all".  But I find my Black Widows shoot great for me and they seem more forgiving, and I need all the help I can get!! LOL

PSAV

"The older I get, the better I was"

Offline imhntn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2010, 11:27:00 PM »
I've got an old used SAII and I like it.  I would not say that I was experienced enough to know the difference yet though.  I have only shot a few trad bows.
2 Timothy 2:2

Offline Stan the bow man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2010, 11:51:00 PM »
:bigsmyl:  Got to love those WIDOWS   :wavey:
Blackwidow PSAX 45@28 64” Black & White Ebony
 Blackwidow  PLX TD 64” 48@28” Black & White Ebony
  Massie 64"48@28 Longhorn Longbow      
Roland Jenkins recurve 50 @ 28”
Bear Polar LB 45 @ 28”
Bear Grizzly 55 @28
2 Osage self bows

BY THE GRACE OF GOD

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2010, 03:59:00 AM »
Black Widows are just a bunch of hype...

TGMM - Family of the Bow

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2010, 04:05:00 AM »
Well said Ben.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline widow sax

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2010, 04:14:00 AM »
They are indestructable a pleasure to shoot and have second to none customer service. Some say that they are overpriced that is not true compair them to highend bows they are in line or less money and you don't have to wait more that a year for one. I would try an psax or a pchx you won't regreat it to own one is to love one.  Widow

Offline kibok&ko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2010, 04:36:00 AM »
like for a mercedes you pay also for the image you give around but like for a mercedes you get also the durabilty and the quality .. since a very long time with a lot of generation of users ...

One of the guys before in the post told that he had a lot of bows but when it's time to hunt he alway grab his BW ... for me it's the same

My PSA is not the most beautiful bow i get but he allow me to shoot very heavy good arrow with a very descent speed and he forgive my at the same times ...

hunting machine and unique concept ...

personnal message for Roger F : If they can be a bit cheapier i can order a PTF ...   :bigsmyl:
save a cow eat a vegetarian !

Offline Michl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2010, 05:42:00 AM »
1. BW Recurves are not the very fastest, but fast
2. They are Supersmooth( I can shoot a BW- Recurve 5# heavier than most of other bows)
3. My PsaV is incredible forgiving
Border CH 64" 42@28
Black Widow PSAV 58" 50@27
Rainy Day RC 62" 40@28

Offline James on laptop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2010, 06:01:00 AM »
There is no hype at all with BWs.They are time proven as is there great customer service.No hype, they do exactly what they say they do and do it well.With the rising prices of a lot of bows today BWs priceing is better than a lot of others as well.I happen to like other bows better but when quality,consistancy and great customer service comes to mind I usually think of Black Widow bows.  :)

Offline STEVE R.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2010, 07:15:00 AM »
It is a top quality bow. It is expensive, but not nearly the most expensive. The company is by far the most helpful, and polite buisness people to do buisness with. Before and after the sale.

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2010, 07:42:00 AM »
When I started down this path of traditional shooting, I went threw the list of bowyers and bows. Big circle back to Black Widow. Why. Because each one is made to last, they seem to be precisely made, very forgiving to shoot and based on Blacky's Bow Reports, they are up there on performance. There may be others that make a prettier bow but pretty vs functional is an easy choice for me. Give me a bow that works as hard as I do. Black Widow.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline Clint B.

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2010, 08:21:00 AM »
I'd say if if you think you want a Black Widow, then arrange for a test drive. Then if you buy one, you know you will be happy and the price will be worth it to you. Buying bow after bow (no matter what the brand or the price) in search to find the right one for you is what can get costly.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2010, 09:04:00 AM »
It always cracks me up when I hear folks mention 'hype' when talking about Black Widow.

There's been hype around here alright...too much of it over all sorts of stuff.....but there's no 'hype' about Black Widow.  

Solid Company,...building solid bows...by solid folks.  And Stellar Customer Service.  That's a  great business model....not 'hype'.

Yeah, they are worth the money.  Just like the other brands of bows I own.  I wouldn't have bought them if I didn't think they were worth it.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline D. Key

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2010, 09:14:00 AM »
I've probably owned 12-15 Widows over the years and they are everything positive, which has been said here.  I'm very pleased to hear about their customer service but honestly, I have never had an occassion to put them to the test.

Years back I visited them in Nixa and they provided the complete shop tour without question.  A lot of great folks providing a quality piece of equipment that holds it's resale value for a very long time.

Buy
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©