3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: My Silvertip t/d Longbow has arrived :)  (Read 507 times)

Offline GMMAT

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: My Silvertip t/d Longbow has arrived :)
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2010, 06:59:00 AM »
I was able to get the last of the classic Schafer woodland green camo for my limbs!!  
Sure hope you're wrong.  Mine's due any week, now  ;)  .  They've been holding back the camo for my limbs for months.

That looks great!

So YOU were the person holding mine up????  :knothead:  

(Congrats!)

Offline limbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2010, 08:02:00 AM »
Thanks to all! GMMAT- Beth informed me Dave had missed weight on a few bows with the woodland green camo so that took care of the excess they had, I am sure your bow is safe  :) . She called to inform me of this 6-8 weeks ago to let me know she had enough for one side of my limbs but not both!! I thought then I had to decide on a different limb veneer--I talked to Brian Wessel at the K-Z00 trad show about getting some of his myrtle for my Silvertip because for those of you have seen his woods, they are stunning! Fred's new Talltines bow is a shining example of this.

Brian informed me at the time he did not have any to spare so I asked Beth to look around for some and I would do the same. We exhausted the search and I asked Beth if I could have the Green camo on the one side and stained to match curly maple on the other--Sounded like a good contrasting match to me! After we settled on that, Dave had begun building my bow and Brian of Talltines contacted me to let me know he was able to find enough myrtle for the veneers on my Silvertip-- I thanked him for his efforts and stuck with my original decision of the green camo that I had my heart set on.

I suppose I will order a Tall Tines now  :) --In Myrlte of course! Just waiting for Brian to perfect his 1 piece recurve design.
Kevin Osworth
->>>--TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline GMMAT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2010, 08:28:00 AM »
That's just too cool!

OK....HUGE congrats!

Offline Nook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2010, 09:59:00 AM »
Looking at yours just makes me want to run out and shoot mine.  I know you will love it.  The antler on the riser is Sweet!!!  Enjoy

Jeff
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2010, 11:21:00 AM »
Nice choice Kevin! I like it.
Lon Scott

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2010, 12:09:00 PM »
Nothing like an original ! Absolutely Beautiful!! Hope to get one someday !!

Offline Bill M.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2010, 12:16:00 PM »
Sweet bow love that charcol and camo. I talked To Beth yesterday I should be getting a box today as well   :bigsmyl:

Offline GMMAT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2010, 12:18:00 PM »
I talked To Beth yesterday I should be getting a box today as well  
You guys are KILLIN' me....lol.

Beth told me "March".

What's today?

Offline MJB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2010, 01:07:00 PM »
Kevin,
OUTSTANDING and CONGRATS   :thumbsup:
A Gobbler yelp Spring or Fall is a long conversation.

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2010, 04:13:00 PM »
Kevin,

The stained-to-match curly maple looks great with the green camo. That was a really good idea. Why is it that there is no more green camo available? Can't more be made? Even if you could have had the bow made with the green camo on both the backs and the bellies of the limbs, I think your choice of the stained curly maple bellies is a better looking and more unique.

I love nice myrtle veneers too. Some of the prettiest myrtle I have ever seen is the tiger striped myrtle that Norm Johnson used to build my Snakebit bow. It is unbelievably beautiful, especially with the snakewood, ebony and other accent woods. As pretty as the myrtle is, it would not have fit what you wanted in your bow nearly as well as the materials you chose. I think you ended up with the perfect combination for the look you wanted in your bow. Now I want to know if it shoots as good as it looks.   :thumbsup:  

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline limbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2010, 05:12:00 PM »
Allan,

I will let you know how it shoots as soon as it gets here    :)    Beth said to expect it Saturday. You know Allan, I have been shooting my Blacktail Elite VL almost around the clock--I would be happy to send you one of my Silvertip's to wrap your hands around for a bit!

Beth explained it to me that the green camo is nothing more than mosquito netting!!! Paul Schafer had purchased a sizable amount of it years ago for limb veneers in brown and green. The manufacturer of it is no longer in business. Neat piece of Schafer history~

Kevin
Kevin Osworth

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2010, 07:55:00 PM »
Kevin,

That is so cool to have a direct tie to the past when Paul was making the bows, yet be able to have all the improvements to the bows that Dave has made over time! Now you have me wishing I had ordered a Tip with the camo glass backing when it was still available. I'm glad you will have a couple of pieces of Schafer history built into your new bow. I will be expecting you to post a full report before the weekend comes to a close.    ;)   I know the bow will shoot very well.

Good to hear you are shooting your Blacktail Elite VL frequently. I assume that means you are enjoying it. Norm builds a great bow. I have been shooting my bows a bunch too, particularly since I spent the last two weekends in shooting schools -- two weeks ago with Rick Welch and last week with Rod Jenkins. They are both super guys and excellent coaches. I learned what my problem areas were and improved my shooting. I also shot between 700 and 800 arrows each weekend and suffered from the overexertion.

Thanks for the offer of sending me a Tip to shoot. I may take you up on it later. With 40+ bows I have a hard time shooting all of them I already own, and if I fall in love with a Tip I may feel the need to start buying them too and really be in trouble!  You know all about that disease -- right?   :help:

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online LookMomNoSights

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2010, 08:07:00 PM »
That is hands down one of the coolest looking bows I have ever seen!  Good job!

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2010, 08:40:00 PM »
Allan,I can understand your desease,damn!
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Jim Keller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2010, 08:45:00 PM »
I really like it, especially the checkering on the grip. I'd love to try a checkered grip some time. I think they look cool.
Jim

Offline limbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2010, 12:06:00 PM »
Wouldn't you know, I am stuck at work for the day and my wife just informed me that she signed for a box from the Windauer's    :banghead:

My Silvertip made it safely home.

I know what I will be doing later this evening  :)  I will keep you all posted!
Kevin Osworth

Offline rushlush

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2010, 12:15:00 PM »
Very nice!

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2010, 12:18:00 PM »
Great Kevin,today is a good day for you.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Dan White

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2010, 12:37:00 PM »
Those limbs are great, enjoy shooting it!  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2010, 09:41:00 PM »
Man, that is beauty! One of these days I'm going to shoot me a Silver Tip T/D longbow. Been wanting too for some time now.   :thumbsup:    :clapper:
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©