3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Question about home made leather quiver  (Read 341 times)

Offline MercilessMing

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Question about home made leather quiver
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2010, 06:08:00 AM »
  Just another quick question: once a quiver is made from leather what do you use to "condition" the leather to help break it in so to speak?  
I did not use any when I made mine.  I will use Neatsfoot Oil if I am doing that again.  However, the Neatsfoot Oil will make the color darker.

Offline kenn1320

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2010, 11:35:00 PM »
I had a deer hide tanned from the first deer I got with a longbow. I used the template that is on this site, along with some 70# artificial sinew. I made a hoop out of an apple branch to keep the mouth open, and to attach the strap to for strength. I have a piece of 1/2" plywood that has 3/4" dense foam attached to it in the bottom. I didnt have enough hide to make a strap, so I bought a spool of raw hide lace and googled 8 strand braid and made my own. I also bought the $9 rotary hole punch from Michaels, works great! The entire inside is lined with hair, so its super quiet. However I dont know how long the hair will stay on.........

I'm not a "deer" hunter, I'm a bow hunter that occasionally shoots a deer.

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2010, 06:32:00 AM »
3 Rivers Has a Wyandotte Leathers kit you assemble, same price as if you bought it from them directly, makes a good servicable leather quiver that will fill your hunting needs. $49, I believe, all  you have to do is string it up!
samuel koger

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©