3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: thoughts on the 3 rivers dalla  (Read 454 times)

Offline Chub

• Trad Bowhunter
thoughts on the 3 rivers dalla
« on: March 19, 2010, 03:21:00 AM »
if any one has this rec may i have your thoughts please

Offline Earthdog

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: thoughts on the 3 rivers dalla
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 04:11:00 AM »
I had a DAS Hunter,nice bow,,,but.

I ever spend that sort of money again,it will be on a Titan from Tradtech,AMO compatable,simpler ILF connection system,arguably the best limbs that money can buy,,,what limbs you get with the Dalla is anybodys guess,an R3 won't tell you what they are.

That AMO thing was a real biggie for me,I didn't like the fact that to use a quiver,I had to buy a bracket that still didn't match the combination I wanted to use properly if I stayed with my plunger rest.

The titan has exactly the same pyhsical spec's as the Dalla,but it's fully AMO compatable and uses the standard ILF system,,,and it works with any rest you want.
Winning or losing is not the important thing,,the important thing is how well you played the game.

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 06:22:00 AM »
I've heard that the new Dalaas will have standard AMO holes for quivers.

The DAS limb mounting system is one of the best designs out there. There is a reason that Mr. Souza chose it over the standard ILF system.

Also, if you are worried about the limbs (the standard Dalaa limbs are pretty darn nice), you can just buy the riser, and then put whatever limbs on it you choose (just depends on how much $$ you want to spend).

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 06:34:00 AM »
I like the longer 21" riser and it can be bought with ilf plates if you wish.I am not much on any of the shorter ilf risers because I just prefer longer bows than the shorter ones make.Great for guys that like short bows but I am just not one of them.  :)

The DAS limb connection is great if you only have one bow or riser.It is a pain if you like to swap around limbs between different ilf risers however.
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 07:54:00 AM »
I had a DAS Dalaa,it was a great recurve,very adjustable,solid and smooth shooting recurve.

Offline Lenny Stankowitz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 08:27:00 AM »
I would have to agree with Earthdog and James Wrenn in that the ILF connection is much more convenient in my opinion.  To my knowledge, pretty much every one of the new hunting risers designed to use ILF limbs is also using the ILF connection.

I think at one time, there was some thought that using the ILF connection on shorter risers would cause limb failure but I haven't heard or read of any cases where that has actually happened.

They are both really good risers, just depends on what features you think are important.  SKY and Morrison are two others that you might want to check in to.

Offline rlc1959

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 08:46:00 AM »
I also had a DAS Dalaa. Great shooter , easy to tune . Decided to stay with Long Bows foe now . Take care , Randy
Randy Chamberlin

NRA Life Member
Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member
United Bowhunters of PA Life Member
PBS Member

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 09:05:00 AM »
The Dalaa is set-up well for shooting off the shelf and the DAS limb connection system is solid. If Dave Sosa hadn't restarted the ILF limb hunting risers, there most likely wouldn't be so many available now. There's a reason the Titan shares so many characteristics with the DAS risers after all.

The compounders copied us Biggie, not the other way around.    :)
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 09:13:00 AM »
What are the pros and cons of ilf vs. Das connection?  What is this I hear about pads wearing out on the das.
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

Offline Lenny Stankowitz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 10:08:00 AM »
Originally posted by HATCHCHASER:
What are the pros and cons of ilf vs. Das connection?  What is this I hear about pads wearing out on the das.
[/b]

You are probably going to get a lot of opinions on this but in my mind, the difference is pretty simple.  The ILF connection is much more convenient in that it is truly "universal." Any ILF limb will snap into any ILF riser without any modifications such as swapping out bushings and modifying limb butts.  Some would argue that the Dalaa connection is gives more preload adjustment. but from what I have seen, it is relatively minute.  For those that want that extra couple degrees in adjustment, what you give up on the convenience side might be worth it.  I doubt very seriously that anyone here is going to notice the difference in shootability between the two connections.  Maybe on a scale, but not on the range or in the field.  Let's face it, the vast majority of us just aren't that good.  I kind of look at it this way, if I had 3 more horsepower in my truck, I wouldn't ever notice it, therefore in my mind I wouldn't give up any convenience to get it.  Some people would...it's a personal choice.  For those that truly are good enough to notice, like the Olympians and elite level target shooters, they all seem to be ok with the ILF system.

Some people would argue that the Dalaa connection is quieter for a hunting riser but in my experience, getting a bow hunting quiet is more a matter of limb choice and setup than the type of connection.  Of all the ILF Morrisons, Titans, SKY's, etc.,  that are set up to hunt, I don't think I have ever heard anyone complain about them being noisy.

Unstrung, the Dalaa connection is more secure.  the limb is not going to come off unless you unscrew it.  With the ILF connection, it snaps out.  I've never had one fall out but I guess it could and has happened.  When strung, there is no difference.

As far has your question about the Dalaa pads wearing out, I have no idea about that.

Like I said before, they are both very nice systems...it just a matter of what you personally want.

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 10:37:00 AM »
The Dalaa connection offers not only more preload adjustment, but a quieter and more bulletproof system for hunting. The ILF system is no doubt more convenient, and probably the system to use if you're a target archer, but for hunting, the Dalaa connection system is as good as it gets  :)  
I've been shooting DAS bows for years, leaving them strung almost all the time and have never had a limb pad wear out or even show signs of wear.

Craig

Offline CallMaker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 10:52:00 AM »
What vermonster13 said.

Plus great risers/bows, sweet shooting, quiet and versatile.
Ed Blankinship

Physically Challenged Bowhunters of America
                     http://www.pcba-inc.org/

Online ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2010, 11:06:00 AM »
I had a 62' 45# Dalaa.  Nice bow.  It was very dead in the hand at the shot.  Smooth, but not as smooth as my Quinn at the same draw weight.  I just could not get it to bare shaft as well as I would have liked.  The week-end before deer season, I shot it side by side with my Black Widow PA and decided to use the widow for the season.  I simply shot it better.  I sold the Dalaa and bought another Black Widow.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline Bob Morrison

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2010, 11:41:00 AM »
I would like to know where the screw,bolt or what ever is that allows the Dalaa riser to have more pre load than other ILF risers? The one I have doesn't have or I can't find anything that would allow more preload. Other than the main bolt being as tight as possible.

Offline Lenny Stankowitz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2010, 11:58:00 AM »
Originally posted by Bowbldr:
I would like to know where the screw,bolt or what ever is that allows the Dalaa riser to have more pre load than other ILF risers? The one I have doesn't have or I can't find anything that would allow more preload. Other than the main bolt being as tight as possible.
[/b]

I was just going by what the claims are.  I tend to agree that if there is a difference, it would be at the lowest preload setting and very minute.

As far as the Dalaa being quieter, that has not been my experience.  Set up the same, same limbs, same string, same silencers, same arrow weight...no difference.

Offline Rick_H

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2010, 12:12:00 PM »
I've had one for about 2 months and really like it. I also have a BW recurve as well as an ACS and shoot the dalaa best of all. It shot well right out of the box and with minimal tuning it's even better. I can see how the limb attachment system would be a disadvantage with multiple risers but I only have one and don't care, and the 3R limbs are fine with me. I shoot in an indoor winter league with some real hot shots and with the dalaa I can at least marginally hang with them, not so much with the other bows, altho many others do well with them.
I don't consider it compound like at all and will trade accuracy and fun for fine woodwork and frustration.

Offline maxwell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 12:21:00 PM »
It's very easy to change any Das limb to an ILF limbs and back again-  The Das connection is much more secure, I had an ILF limb fall off in the unstrung position the first day I had it. The choice of limbs for these bows are endless, and you can get limbs that will make your bow anywhere from 58" to 62" by just changing the limbs On a 17" riser.  I have owned a fair amouint of bows in my life and these are as comfortable and accurate to shoot as any I have ever had.

Offline Bob Morrison

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2010, 12:28:00 PM »
I'm with you Lenny. I have heard this a lot over the years, about the preload being adjustable  and all the other adjustment only on the DAS, Dalaa. The only time I have seen the ILF setup noisier is before you string them up, strung up and snapped into place I see no difference in sound. So what I'm trying to find out is: Is there a adjustment for preload that is different and any other ILF riser? Are there any adjustment on the Dalaa that is not available on most ILF risers?

Offline Bob Morrison

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 12:31:00 PM »

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2010, 01:14:00 PM »
There is no extra pre-load adjustment on a DAS riser. The only difference is the being able to tighten down the limb where the bushing would be on a standard ILF limb.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©