3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ONE PIECE RECURVE ON THE AIRPLANE......  (Read 408 times)

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: ONE PIECE RECURVE ON THE AIRPLANE......
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2010, 12:05:00 AM »
I'd ship it. The pvc tube sounds smart.
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2010, 08:07:00 AM »
I worried more about my arrows than my Schafer TD when I flew last year. I made a tube for the arrows out of PVC drain pipe with caps on both ends. My limbs and riser got stuffed in my doubled up wool socks then slid into my LaCrosse rubber boots. This all was in the middle of my duffle bag surrounded by the rest of my clothes.
Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
    - Doug Lawson.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2010, 08:59:00 AM »
I once bought an all metal gun case because I had enough of airline abuse. I thought no way they wiould screw this one up.  Next flight, Big hole through the case sights were 6 inches off.  

I think if the baggage handlers see a long tube they would play base ball with it, use it for leverage to move a trailer and see if it would survive a drop from 30 thousand just for fun.   :smileystooges:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2010, 09:08:00 AM »
:biglaugh:

Offline TooManyHobbies

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2010, 04:02:00 PM »
I have a two piece Selway Quiver on my Bear Super K. Will the bow fit into a 6" PVC with the quiver attached? Planning a trip to NFD in Oct. and will probably be riding ATV to hunting locations. I'd like a case that I don't have to take the quiver off to transport. I'll put the arrows into a smaller pvc tube, attached to the larger tube.
Also Rob D. , do you pad your PVC with foam, etc.?
60" Bear Super Kodiak 50@28 (56@31)
68" Kohannah Long Bow 62@30

Offline CEO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2010, 07:28:00 PM »
I use PVC tubes for arrows and bow and stick inside an oversize ski bag. Bag is also large enough for lots of other gear. Ski bags often seem to be last on, first off and I've not had any damage (yet).

Offline Track

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2010, 08:54:00 PM »
I used a case made for fishing poles. You can get one wide enough to fit a recurve in. I wouldn't trust my bow in a soft case.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©