3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: White Elephant update page?  (Read 4823 times)

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: White Elephant update page?
« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2010, 11:49:00 AM »
Dagwood64, you should have recieved my package by now.

Winterhawk1960
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Offline fido dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2010, 01:42:00 PM »
Originally posted by BrianfromTulsa:
fido dog:
yours was mailed today (Saturday) should be there by tuesday or wednesday.

Brian
WOW!!!! Thank you Brian!!    :bigsmyl:

Brian sent me "Primal Dreams", "Monster Bucks" and "Outsmarting Big Bucks". He also sent a hand tooled arm guard with a buck theme, a tree hook and.....get this.....Enough natural turkey feathers for a dozen arrows!!!

Gotta' go! Primal Dreams is starting!    :archer:
A politician who acts foolishly may NOT be acting!

Offline gudspelr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2010, 08:06:00 PM »
A huge thanks to Steve Snowden ("ses")!  The stuff you sent was awesome and the shirt's gonna fit, too  :) .  I already started watching the DVD-was just thinking this week how I wished I had a trad bow hunting DVD...  Oh, and the wife wants to banish the deer hooves, but don't worry-no way she's prying those from my death like grip  :archer:   My 4 year old is loving the sterno stove (house hasn't burned down yet...) and the book with all the bows in it.  It made me smile REALLY big when he asked if he could have one like in the book.  Thanks again

Jeremy
"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."
- William Morris

Craftsmen strive to make their products both.

Offline plentycoupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2010, 08:14:00 PM »
Got my package from ArcticArcher yesterday.
Thanks for the beautiful handmade knife and leather sheath.
Also gave me some snuffer broadheads.
Thanks agian brother!
Jason

Offline Shedrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: March 28, 2010, 10:26:00 PM »
Thank you very much ckanous!

I got a nice limb tip protector, a nice sringer, bowsock, and a sweet turkey call. This call is a beauty!
Member of;
Comptons
Pope and Young
PBS
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
and Life member of Bowhunters Of Wyoming

Offline BrianfromTulsa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2010, 09:08:00 AM »
OK long story short here.  I was working out of town this weekend, my wife called me Saturday and asked "who do I know in North Pole, Alaska"?  I immediately knew what it was and had her rip it open.  Got home late last night and laid hands on my prize.

Thank you Jason (plentycoupe)

Got a sweet neck knife, a package of nocks and ferrule tight, 3 woodsmans, 3 two blade broadheads that I'm unsure of but intrigued with, a shooting glove, coyote howler, beautiful box call and a signed copy of Glen St Charles' Legends of the Longbow!

I will read the book and pass it on with next years elephant and tho I can't make any promises- whoever I draw next year could probably expect a quantity of home made arrows with a portion of my loot from this year (notice I didn't say all).  

Thanks again Jason, if you ever make it to Oklahoma- look me up and we'll put those calls to use.

Brian

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2010, 02:00:00 PM »
Thanks Guru got your package. Your to nice. A new side quiver,knife and some nocks. Side quiver will be great for my LB. It matches it's bow sock and my old side quiver for it I had to rivet it to stay together.

Offline ArcticArcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2010, 12:45:00 AM »
Well, got to the post office on Sat to find a yellow card.  Alright a package, but alas, window was closed. Had to wait until today. So I get the package and feel its weight. What did pow-bow put in this box? A knife, broadheads, salmon?

Well much to my surprise and pleasure I find a couple of mink and marten pelts and Fred Anderson's book The Traditional Way.  Thanks Rich. Have enough silencer material for several years and a great book to pass the cold winter nights or sitting in the bear stand this spring.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Proud member of the Twister Twelve

Offline yamaharider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2010, 07:59:00 PM »
Look what Barebow17 sent me. WOW!!!  Way Nice!!!
Thanks

PSAV

"The older I get, the better I was"

Offline Bowferd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: March 30, 2010, 09:47:00 PM »
I rec'd my package of goodies from Butts last week. I got an early Stickshooter knife w/sheath, camo vest, and 2 old Howard Hill dvd's and a secret that I'll use next year.
I now have 2 of Franks knives and they sharpen up and really hold an edge.
I'm a bit of an old coot and will admit that these are the first traditional hunting dvd's I've ever owned. I absolutely love'em but am going to blame Butts for starting me on another addiction.

Forgot to mention, Todd, your package left Monday morning..
Sorry, after reading all of these posts, you got burned.
I'm a newbie to the white elephant and apologize for my inexperience. If you follow me next year I'll try to make it up.
Those are 1/8" and about 80gr. I was running late and left the remainder to you.
My sincere apologies, Fred
Been There, Done That, Still Plowin.
Cane and Magnolia tend to make good arrow.
Hike naked in the backwoods.

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: April 01, 2010, 12:16:00 AM »
Desert Dude aka Mark, out didi himself. I got back from work, and there was a package full of stuff. Thanks Mark. Pics to follow tomorrow.
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline smalson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: April 01, 2010, 12:25:00 AM »
I got an interesting package today . . .

An arrow with mojo, and experienced Catquiver, fletch stripper, feathers, poncho, a neck knife (I've never had one before) with mojo . . .    and more.

Thanks for everybody's participation and the fun of the white elephant!

Steve
2 Corinthians 3:18  ...being transformed into His likeness with ever-increasing glory...that comes from Him.

Offline gatorgar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: April 01, 2010, 01:19:00 AM »
Steve, have you figured out what the head is made out of yet?  People down here always ask me to make them heads out of that material.

Alex
Sarrel's BlueRidge Takedown Longbow 3pc
62" 53#@28"
Easton XX75 400   250gr up front
Have you noticed that the times you don't get nothing while hunting, are usually the most fun you've ever had.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: April 01, 2010, 09:48:00 AM »
Hey Alex,
I've not seen the point but I'm going to use my psychic abilities and make a stab at identifying it.

Native Americans were known to use the scales off of a particular fish as a broadhead. The species was or is called the alligatorgar.

God bless,Mudd

PS: If I am correct, it was your handle that gave it away...lol
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline superkodiak

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: April 01, 2010, 11:17:00 AM »
I just received a package today, and WOW! when I opened the package I was blown away!  there is a beautifully painted bear skull, a bunch of full length feather and other feathers, string silencers, a bow sock, rattling bag, and scent wicks.  THanks so much, Ryan! (manitoba stickflinger)

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: April 01, 2010, 01:42:00 PM »
How very cool Shawn! A painted Bear skull. I bet your kids in your youth group will be impressed unless they're like our teenagers. I don't think we have very many young hunters in our kids at church.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline superkodiak

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: April 01, 2010, 02:35:00 PM »
I hear ya, Mudd... not as many parents are getting their kids and teens out these days.  Sometimes it's because of the absence of dad, but mostly because it's just something that they don't have time for.... trust me, though... I take as many teenagers as will go, to shoots and out hunting, even if it's just for them to tag along. =)  I hope the bear skull will peak their interest some... the skull is sitting on a table with 2 other deer skulls... =) It's a part of me, so I don't mind people knowing that.  Some of those feathers I received from Ryan are gonna be used to show one teen how to fletch up some arrows and repair some old ones... shoot! I got one of them lined up to build a bow with me this summer!!! =)  Did I mention that I love my job?  Love the white elephant too!

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: April 01, 2010, 03:31:00 PM »
Well surprise surprise....I too got a special something in the mail today. Mr. Bob Palmer sent me a whole whack of stuff!

I'm the proud new owner of a Thunderhorn Boa quiver, a cool flashlight, a bunch of 5" shield feathers, some Wolverine broadheads, a bunch of 125 gr. points, a pair of limb covers (camo), a lace up bow tip protector, new role of reflective tape, and a whitetail book by Greg Miller.

This site has to have the kindest most generous people I've met! And Bob...if you don't mind, we'll line it up next year so you can send to me again alright?? JJ....Ryan

Offline Al Natural

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: April 01, 2010, 09:36:00 PM »
My white elephant made it to the house today. Thanks Joe, ( Bowhuntingfool). I build self bows and the tillering string sent will work nicely.  The two strings sent will work for the R\\D bamboo hickory bow I'm working on. Always can use a new armguard. The Damascus glove fits my son perfectly.  I've never seen the wind indicators you sent but they will be of use. Always can use some extra hot hands.  A useful piece of leather and a Bear Arhery sticker. The OJIBWA BOWHUNTERS shirt is awesome!  If it is your club in Wisconsin, you should sell a few for the club.  
Thanks Al

Offline kevin braun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: April 05, 2010, 08:22:00 AM »
TTT

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©