3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: PREDATOR RECURVES  (Read 979 times)

Offline Yellow Dog

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: PREDATOR RECURVES
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2010, 04:18:00 PM »
Tigerwood and Bubinga, 62" 49@30, Zebrawood limbs. 60 arrows at 20 yards. Smooth, fast and accurate. Great bows.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2010, 04:33:00 PM »
Great shooting, Dog!
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2010, 04:34:00 PM »
Renaissance Man, that is a gorgeous Predator you have there. What are the woods? Do have pics of the limbs too?
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
3 Fingers Under

Offline windell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2010, 05:03:00 PM »
THANKS GUYS FOR ALL THE RESPONSE'S. THOSE ARE ALL FINE LOOKING BOWS. AND IT SOUNDS LIKE THERE IS NOTHING BUT GOOD THINGS TO SAY ABOUT THEM. I GUESS I'M GOING TO HAVE TO GIVE THEM A CALL AS SOON AS I CAN FIGURE OUT WHAT WOOD COMBINATIONS I WANT. KEEP THE PICS COMING IF ANYBODY ELSE HAS ANYMORE. THANKS AGAIN WINDELL.

Offline Todweelz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2010, 05:04:00 PM »
Windell, think I saw one in the classifieds this morning??

Offline windell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2010, 05:29:00 PM »
THANKS,BUT IT SOLD FAST. LOOKING FOR A FEW MORE POUNDS. AROUND 48# OR SO AT 27.

Offline randy grider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2010, 08:09:00 PM »
I've got 2 now, both 60", both factory camo dipped, one is 54#, the other 52#, I've got $285 in both of them! They are shooters, smooth drawing, no hand shock, blistering fast, and quiet if you set 'em up right.
its me, against me.
member KTBA,MCFGC,UBK,NRA

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2010, 08:51:00 PM »
Wow, Randy! You got a couple of good deals on those.

Wish I could have made it to the shoot Saturday. Me and the wife and our boys just couldn't resist the urge to go fishing instead. It was a beautiful day for either one and it was a tough decision. Did you make it to the shoot?
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
3 Fingers Under

Offline DEATHMASTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2010, 09:59:00 PM »
Those are some nice looking bows.
Like the lines of them.
Have not heard any bad on them.

Tim

Offline sbschindler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2010, 10:23:00 PM »
I'm going on my 2nd year with my custom classic, I have been shooting recurve bows for nearly 40 years and have shot some of the best. this bow ranks right up there, it is a great shooting bow, the riser is just heavy enough to make it a very stable bow, I use the bikini string from hunters nich, it is 12 strands of TS1, With cat whiskers it is very quiet, I use about a 1/3 more whiskers than normal. One of the best things I did with my bow was to send the riser to Silvertip Bows and have Dave checker the grip, This bow is rock solid and the checkering made it a better shooting bow.

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2010, 11:17:00 PM »
Wow! I really like the checkering on that bow.   :thumbsup:    :D
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline randy grider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2010, 12:11:00 AM »
Originally posted by ishoot4thrills:
Wow, Randy! You got a couple of good deals on those.

Wish I could have made it to the shoot Saturday. Me and the wife and our boys just couldn't resist the urge to go fishing instead. It was a beautiful day for either one and it was a tough decision. Did you make it to the shoot?
I gotta admit, one I bought used for $275, the other I got brand new for $10, as in 1 raffle ticket !
I made the shoot at about 2 PM, shot one round, and rushed home for my grandson's 3 rd birthday party. Glad I made the shoot, thats where I picked up #2 !
its me, against me.
member KTBA,MCFGC,UBK,NRA

Offline boznarras

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2010, 12:49:00 AM »
I bought the Predator from Maxfit; 59#@28, cocobolo with shedua. I think it has bubinga overlays at the tips of the black limbs. Sorry I can't show a picture.
Interesting that you were having trouble with noise,Chuck, I guess that is why it has the Limbsavers?
Anyway, to give an update on that noise issue, I have switched to an SBD string, with Hush Puppies and Bow Hush. Seems pretty quiet to me...I am considering taking off the Limbsavers just to see if they are even necessary or helpful.
I have not hunted with it yet, but was out one day shooting stumps and had a buck come along. I let him come to about 20 yards away and shot a stump right next to him. He turned and sniffed at the arrow sticking in the stump, and then trotted off. That seems like a pretty good result so far, we will test it some more in August.
I don't have experience with a lot of different bows, but I really like this bow. It draws very smoothly, shoots fast with no shock, points and balances well, and is real easy to look at.

Offline hybridbow hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2010, 05:48:00 AM »

Great bows, and lot of game down with.
My only concern was the black finish on the back side of limbs which came out on little areas on both of my predators, but didn't affect the performance according to Mike @ hunter's niche.
I will sent back the limbs one of theese days to re finish it.
La critique est aisée mais l'art est difficile.

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2010, 07:01:00 AM »
I love the Predator.  I've bought three of them, one for my son's 31st birthday. This is the only bow that I have bought more than one of.  I have the Custom Classic and the Anniversay, in left-hand.  I love the retro look but the modern high performance. The bow is very smooth drawing (Righ now I'm shooting 4 brands of recurves almost every day as I perfect my traditional form -- The Predator is without question the smoothest and the Custom Classic costs about $400- $500 less than two of the others. Ron Pittsley and MIke are a joy to work with to boot. They have slimmed down the riser a bit since I bought my first one four years ago, it fits my smaller frame hands very well.  I heard Traditional Bowhunter did a performance review of the bow some time ago. I heard the PRedator outshot the others tested (203 fps). I didn't read the article. I've only seen one for sale and it was the Classic.

Offline Owlgrowler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2010, 07:15:00 AM »
I like mine. Definitely a high performance bow (it will let you know when you screw up).

Bragging may not bring happiness,
but no man having caught a large fish,goes home through the alley.

Offline carlo1404

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2010, 08:20:00 AM »
Hi, I had a Ballistik, now I shoot with Gamemaster2, Black Widow PSAV and Bob Lee Signature Td recurve/Longbow ... do you think the Predator is too fast ...?? I'm looking for a Fastest Bow, in same poundage of my 45# GM2, to use with light arrows, I shoot 350/370 grain Arrows for 3D games at my 29" draw.
Thanks
Carlo
1974 Bear T/D Mag A + 2016 #3 42#
2005 Bear T/D Two tone A + RER #2 58" 40#
2010 Blacktail Elite VL 60" 43# Myrtyle
2010 Wes Wallace The Partner 62" 46#
2012 Hoyt Buffalo 62" 40#
2015 LB T.Previdi Taipan 64" 45#
Early '70 N.8 Bear Bows

Online stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2010, 09:29:00 AM »
You'll love them. One of the better deals out there. Fast, quiet, shock-free, and some great wood combo's. Ron and Mike are great to work with as well.

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2010, 09:49:00 AM »
Predators are absolutely Fast, stable and Quiet. all of mine seem to like a low BH of 7 1/4" . again these bows are absolutely the best value on the market today! Did I forget to mention that Ron & Mike are Super  guy's and not bad hunters other than Ron , who has the unique ability to really irritate a bear to the point of coming up his tree several times! Said he shot it in self defense !? lol   here is one of mine    :campfire:

Offline oldtimerbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2010, 10:14:00 AM »
Very high quality bow that shoots as good as it looks at a great price,what more can ask for.
oldtimerbow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©