3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Mounting two blade broadheads  (Read 488 times)

Offline Earthdog

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Mounting two blade broadheads
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2010, 03:52:00 AM »
If I can I'll mount them just off parallel so I see less of them at full draw,but for good flight it doesn't matter.
If I can see it to easily I'm very likely to shoot low because they lengthen the arrow and I do shoot off my arrow point to some degree.
Shooting broadheads all the time would solve that problem,,,but the competition organisers just might have an issue with that.
Winning or losing is not the important thing,,the important thing is how well you played the game.

Offline DHR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2010, 08:48:00 AM »
I don't even think about it.
Because hunting is a deep and permanent yearning in the human condition, there is a chronic fury in all people to whom it is denied.- Jose Ortega y Gasset

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2010, 09:34:00 AM »
Don't care. I just glue 'em, spin 'em & shoot 'em.
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2010, 09:42:00 AM »
I mount them where they spin true, period. But then I will turn my nock where the broadhead is horizontal or running from 2 o'clock to 8'oclock. I shoot with my bow canted and right handed so this works out well for me. One way or the other you will wind up with a "cock" feather in or out or fairly close. For me the broadhead orientation is more important than the feathers.. But again, the feathers will line up pretty close too..
  And I've kind of adopted another method which is to mount my broadheads on bare shafts to where the broadheads spin perfectly. Then orient the nock with the broadhead and then fletch on the Bitzenberger. Everything comes out correctly!

Offline Nosight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2010, 09:50:00 AM »
When growing up in Montana in the 60s. My dad had a very old Crow indian working for him. ( he is one of the people that got me started in archery.)
He said one could tell the differance between a
party of indians traveling look at the arrows.
   If the head was up and down ( vert.) it was a hunting group
   If the head was side to side ( hora.) it was warring group.
   when asked why the differance.
   Vertical heads would have a better chance of going between the ribs of an animal, horizontal
better chance of going between the ribs of a man.

All in all just a long winded way of saying vertical for me...

Later......Buzz
Remember...aim small miss small...

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2010, 11:04:00 AM »
Although it is easier to see them horizontal, I think with some of the wide blades like Deadheads it is easier to aim with them vertical. That big ole tablespoon shape can be harder to point.  I prefer my Grizzlies to be canted out just a little, about60 degrees.  That way on my average shot they are vertical.

Offline shadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2010, 01:33:00 PM »
I've found no difference in arrow flight....whichever way they spin true is OK with me.

Offline Hatrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2010, 06:52:00 PM »
I like mine mounted 1:30 - 7:30 and then spin test. When I cant the bow it clears up my sight window nicely.
The scent of Autumn is like food to the hunters soul.

Offline GINKSTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2010, 08:59:00 PM »
It doesn't affect me either way, so I split the difference. Been doing it that way for years. Just like Hatrick.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©