3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Disruption in Jack Kempf's production  (Read 357 times)

Offline Bowshot

• Trad Bowhunter
Disruption in Jack Kempf's production
« on: March 21, 2010, 05:50:00 PM »
Just getting excited, I am travelling to Kansas with the old guy to chase turkeys in early April. It is going to be awesome, he is a great guy to hang around with, especially for 10 or 12 days. Jack is using his short Kwik Styk (52")with the bears on it. I will be breaking in a new Kwik Styk on the trip. We will be meeting some friends and then trying to get Jack a turkey.

I will get some pictures and get them on here if I can figure that out.

My apologies about any delay's to the guy's that are on his waiting list, the old guy needs to hunt too!
Not really sorry, just being polite.

Terry

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Disruption in Jack Kempf's production
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 05:53:00 PM »
Yeah...Jack emailed me about his upcoming hunt. I wish him all the best and hope his arrow finds a nice tom. Even God took a day off from work....
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Bowshot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 06:10:00 PM »
I think Jack is pretty excited, he moved the dates up some, he is a good guy!
We got some reports of a flock of deaf, blind turkey's that we can hunt down there, we may have a chance.

Terry

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 06:34:00 PM »
I think that Terry's the one thats excited!!! Jack tells me that he and Duane are going down a couple of days ahead , to try and find a deaf and blind "turkey" that even Terry can hit , once they find such a turkey, no easy feat in itself,then they are going to stake it out by a leg at Terry's effective range (about 5 yards).
      Terry is apparently arriving late due to work commitments, something about a "brass pole" involved some how! I believe that Terry is a supporter of the fine arts ( Ballet). now, about " breaking in his new KS", i believe that means chasing a Blind and deaf turkey until he can beat it to death with his new KS.
       I am confident that with Duane and Jack's hard work Terry has a reasonable chance of success ! Where do you find friends like this??? Ha ha ha! LOL! Oh Ya ! i have to add " trust me"!   :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:

Offline Gordon martiniuk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 06:52:00 PM »
Terry If you think your getting excited I talked to Jack yesterday he was busy finishing Building your Bow , Jack has been busy testing Arrow and Broadheads he says he has settled on some  special Owen Peters tapered shafts and Snuffers he had ,, said they flew well out of his Carved bow told me he wanted to eat some turkey,he was excited to be driveing down south with you ! Good Luck on your adventure
Gord

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 07:33:00 PM »
TTT

Offline Bowshot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 09:21:00 PM »
Its going to be fun, a guy shouldn't have to shoot a new bow any further than 5 or 6 yards. last year we were at a place where the owner said even Ray Charles was able to get one, it still took us a few days to shoot a turkey. I will whack one if that is how it is going to get done, almost launched my chair at it last year, hooked the lower limb on the chair as I shot but was able to counter that with the top limb going through the roof of the blind. the arrow flight wasn't exactly clean but the turkey was kind enough to run into it anyways. Sounded like a rimfire going off and had to do like on TV, the flip and run thing as Mr Turkey was trying steal my arrow. Jack's turn this year.

Terry

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 09:31:00 PM »
Last I talked to Jack he sure was looking forward to his trip south....I'm happy for him, and wish I could join you guys.

I'd sure like to actually meet Jack someday.

Good luck fellas!

Take a lot of pictures Terry    :pray:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Bowshot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 09:45:00 PM »
Will do Curt.

Terry

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 11:05:00 PM »
I'm sure you guys will have a great time with Doc. And since i'm not there to  Razz you , i've told Jack to take my place and do double duty on you Terry . LOL. good luck and lots of pics.

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 12:11:00 AM »
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline L. E. Carroll

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 01:30:00 AM »
Can someone tell me if Jack has a website??  and if so point me in the right direction?  :notworthy:
Tall Tines R/C
64 Kodiak
69 Super Kodiak Big River replica
56" 55$# Static Tipped Kwyk Styk
Blacktail Elite
54 dual shelf Compass Kodiak

PBS Associate Member
Traditional Bowhunters of WA.

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2010, 01:54:00 AM »
No web site...all word of mouth. PM me back and I'll supply you with bow information....

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2010, 01:56:00 AM »
I laugh every time I see Jack...he looks like he should be dressed up in a Elfs costume sitting next to Santa Claus handing out gifts to kids....A real super guy....   :saywhat:    ;)

Offline Sheepshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2010, 01:04:00 PM »
You just know that Jack is a patient man. Anyone who's put up with Duane for as long as Jack has and still goes on hunts with him has to be a nice guy! Hope you guys have a great time. After hunting turkeys for the first time last year I'm jealous.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2010, 06:41:00 PM »
:archer:

Offline snufer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2010, 07:57:00 AM »
Sergio & Sheepshooter, ask Duane about his 100 yard Antelope kill with a longbow, many years ago!( Im Wyoming, if I remember right!)

Offline Bowshot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2010, 12:19:00 PM »
I may bring that up if there is a lull in the conversation, should fire it up again, if you know Duane, "he knows things".

Did you hear about Jack shooting a goat in Texas and then spending some time "looking" for his wallet that he had "dropped"? This is while Duane tracked and then packed his goat out of the deepest, steepest hole in Texas for him. Apparentley Jack was tired from looking and fast asleep when Duane finally got this goat on top. Jack asked him what took so long. Jack's version is slightly different.

Terry

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2010, 12:23:00 PM »
Go get'em Jack. Good luck and have a wonderful time. Maybe I will see you when I am in Edmonton in May.

Cheers

jer Bear

PS - Fred herzog says hi

Offline Gordon martiniuk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2010, 09:13:00 PM »
Jack has told me that without Duane he would have never went on half as many exciting hunts ,Also that Duane allways made sure Jack got somthing first before himself , as Terry has said``Duane knows things`` and has his own views BUT Duane Hicks has killed more critters with Kempf Bows than any other a True Canadian Trad Legend ! Good Luck Gang and make sure Jack brings  his arrows ... Gord  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Gord

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©