3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Rod Jenkins Texas school  (Read 571 times)

Offline flatsboat

• Trad Bowhunter
Rod Jenkins Texas school
« on: March 22, 2010, 06:47:00 PM »
Attended Rods shcool in weatherford 2 wks ago. Very well worth the money. I can honestly say some of the things we did paid off right away, great feeling to do it right and see positive results. Don't worry about gap shooting, nothing to do with it.

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Rod Jenkins Texas school
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 07:31:00 PM »
Bill,

Your right it's all about getting it together in your form.  Was the best two days of coaching I've ever had.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline shortstroke 91

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 08:15:00 PM »
Did my fist hour of blind bale homework tonight, man I'm sore! Sure is a lot of things to think about during a shot. I'm keeping a daily journal to try and track progress and keep repeating the good things. It was fun to finally meet some of the folks on here and put a face with the names, and some dang good food too.
shortstroke 91
TBOT Life Member

"BLOOD MAKES THE GRASS GROW"

Offline lr3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 08:32:00 PM »
I know that I am glad I went... Was a little cold but very worth it  :)

Offline highpoint forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 08:50:00 PM »
Man did I ever miss this one. Damn.
Black Widow PSAX Bocote 57# @28, 58 AMO
Black Widow PLX Tiger Myrtle 60# @28, 64 AMO
J.D. Berry Osage Argos 60# @28, 66 AMO

Offline LEWIS VADEN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 08:57:00 PM »
Sure glad I attended the first weekend.

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 10:46:00 PM »
I'm glad I went the first weekend too. Mike, Connie and Jason were great hosts and put together a weekend of fun and learning with great facilities and delicious lunches. Rod is an excellent teacher who helped all of us learn more about what we were doing right and wrong. Everyone was quickly shooting better. It was a super experience in every respect, including all the people who were there and the beautiful weather we had.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 06:53:00 AM »
Allen,

Yep the first weekend had the weather for sure.  But last weekend was like and elk camp adventure.  Had the stove going and tarps up.  Turned out fine I think.  Everyone learned a bunch and went home with homework.

LOL

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline shortstroke 91

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 07:19:00 AM »
I think I'm gonna have to drop down about 10# for the hour long homework, with my current weight 30 minutes is about the max before I start struggling and I feel the steps going away.
shortstroke 91
TBOT Life Member

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 08:44:00 AM »
Brandon,

After a week with a lighter bow, we are back up too our normal bows and with the additional drawlength actually pulling heavier then before.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 09:25:00 AM »
Rod knows how to shoot. If a person wants to be a better archer, he can help get you there.
John

Offline JEJ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 03:07:00 PM »
Last Saturday was the first day of Spring, and as we left Rod’s shooting class that afternoon here in North TX we had light snow with 40 mph wind!

Rod puts on a great class, go if you can. He will make you use back and shoulder muscles you haven’t used since your 5th grade tree climbing days. And say adios to your old anchor point, with Rod’s coaching you will find a new one a lot closer to your ear than the corner of your mouth. I had to be Rod’s slowest learner, but he hung with me and kept telling me “John, I’m more stubborn than you are” until I finally got my elbow around to pointing away from the target instead of off to the side. He got a string hit nose bleed from showing me the right way so many times, but he didn’t give up on me until I got it. After that, just when I wanted to sit back down because I was slowing up the class too much, he made me shoot four more times. When I did those four the way he wanted me to, my classmates all clapped, laughed, cheered … I felt like I was crossing a marathon finish line. Thanks Rod.

And thanks to you too Mike. Jason’s chili verde Saturday, and your jambalaya Sunday was just the lunch we needed on those days. You, Connie and Jason put a lot into hosting those classes, and we all sure appreciate it. Made some new friends, and enjoyed catching up with some friends I haven’t seen in a while. I’d like to know some day if that pecan stick Rusty was carving ended up a chicken or a roadrunner. Rusty said as long as it didn’t end up a bloody thumb he’d be happy.

For my classmate’s amusement I’ll note that yesterday evening while in my backyard working on the form I learned a day earlier in a 35 degree Texas norther, I was swatting mosquitoes. You had to have been there …

:archer:

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 06:06:00 PM »
Did Rod bring out the Formaster? That is one telling device! Sounds like you guys had fun. Rod did one for us Northwest guys in Oregon. Best thing I've done to improve my shooting.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2010, 09:10:00 PM »
David,

Yes, the Formaster was present and accounted for! It is a good learning device.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2010, 10:31:00 PM »
I love the formaster.  It is a lot better then the carbon arrow Wingnut has to hit me with to get my draw back.  

Rod is a class act.  Good clinic.  

rusty

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 10:54:00 PM »
I really enjoyed my time spent in Texas! In fact I'm excited about Dryad making this a annual event.

Meeting old friends from online forums and making new ones makes all the traveling a pleasure!......oh getting to hunt a little, isn't bad either  :)

2004 IBO World Champion

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2010, 11:37:00 PM »
Rod, that is a serious hog! Looks like you made a perfect shot. Can't work all the time!   :thumbsup:
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 01:53:00 AM »
Tricia and I are attending his second class here in Oregon.  We are both excited to get to meet Rod and improve out shooting skills.  This post just makes it harder to wait.

Nice hog!.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 02:01:00 AM »
Nice boar to Rod....all that practice makes it easier.

Nothing like teaching ppl too to hone your own skills.

I find I plat better tennis after I have given a few lessons....you remember the little things you forget to do to....humbling but good

jer bear

Offline shortstroke 91

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 07:42:00 AM »
So Rusty did that stick turn out to be a chicken or a roadrunner?
Thanks again to Wingnut, Connie and Jason for cooking, cleaning and hosting everyone. And thanks to Rod for the instructions and the patience.
I have to keep reminding myself "of course it feels wrong you been doin' it wrong your whole damn life"
shortstroke 91
TBOT Life Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©